Grass drag tires?

Ruko

What are some good tires for grass drags?? I've been running Turf Tamers and they are not bad on hard pack but is there anything better?? Also I would be willing to buy extra tires for hard or soft tracks if I knew what work for what conditions.

Ya there's not much grass left by the end of the day but there is a whole circuit of races up here. We run 500 ft. on the grass. They even run sleds, right up to the open mod class at well over 100 mph. We just had a race last week and the 1000 mods were breaking 112 mph in less than 5 sec. in 500 ft. Besides we'll race anything anywhere and if grass is what you got that's what you use.

I ran paddles at the last drags. I know exactly what you are talking about. We used to run the P.R.O. circuit with the 440 sled. Still hold the record in that class I believe. Anyways, spider tracks, studded seemed to work good. With the paddles, it hooked incredible off the line, but I think in the long run, it wasn't the tire of choice.... We shorten the sled track to 300' for the ATV's. I am just getting into this, and I have some ideas that I am going to be trying out next season. I am changing over to full drag bike. Or buying another bike for this purpose... I don't know just yet. I am gathering parts and testing all winter......

Sounds like you're in the same boat as us. My buddy has an old banshee chasis and a wrecked 670 MXZ he is going to mate for next year. We have lots of work and lots of testing to do over the winter as well, mostly tires, sizes, and gearing for me. That 670 should kick my ass but he won't be able to run all the classes so there should still be some kick'n left for me to do as well. If you find some good combinations let me know and I'll do the same for you.