Link To Rebuilding the Engine?

Rzcolobanshee posted a link in this forum a while back to an online RZ350 Yamaha service manual, you might check that out (it's on www.2stroke.cc )...

Topend is pretty straightforward; drain the coolant, remove the front plastic & fuel tank, pull the carbs (most of this I think you've done), pull the pipes, remove the intakes & reed cages, remove the head (follow the numbers on the head, loosen them 1/4 turn at a time), remove the cylinder nuts (criss-cross pattern, again 1/4 turn at a time), gently tap each cylinder with a rubber/deadblow hammer and remove them, stuff a rag around each con rod before you remove the piston wrist pin snap rings so nothing falls in there, remove the piston wrist pin snap rings and push the wrist pin out...that's pretty much it for the topend aside from boring the jugs, new pistons & gaskets. Make sure you check the ring end gap and keep things oiled with your preferred premix oil, follow the head torque sequence and use a torque wrench in stages (like 10lb, 15lb, then 20lb). Good luck.

Stock reed cages? Sorry I don't remember whatcha got...if it's stock they should be like anodized gold but the pointy side will look like it was dipped in black goo (like the kind you dip tool handles in). If you port your reed cages you'll clean up alot of that stuff but you won't mess with it where the reeds shut...

Stock reed cages?  Sorry I don't remember whatcha got...if it's stock they should be like anodized gold but the pointy side will look like it was dipped in black goo (like the kind you dip tool handles in).  If you port your reed cages you'll clean up alot of that stuff but you won't mess with it where the reeds shut...

Shoudl I try to port my stock reeds? All I have is a dremel?