Another no spark thread...fml

HolySheet

Ok, a few months ago I broke my tranny. Just got it all back together and has no spark. I have checked the stator and the pickup coil, they are both good. Tested the secondary coil( between both plug wires) and that was bad. So I picked up a new one today and tested it before I put it on and it tested good. Both the primary and secondary were good. So I pulled my wiring harness and found the White with green stripe and white with red stripe smashed and had bare wires. So I cut them, soldered them and shrink wrapped them and tested for continuity. All checks out. I thought it might be my key switch so I bypassed that with the red and the black soldered together and shrink wrapped. Still no spark, plugs are brand new. Any ideas would be wonderful. Thanks a lot fellas.

Unplug your CDI and do your resistance checks of the harness and components from there.

Red/blk to blk= continuity

blk/wht to blk= no continuity

Check stator and pickup resistance and insure no continuity to blk

Orng to blk= primary coil resistance

Check your ground connections.

I'll bet it's something simple.

Yes I checked all of the required resistances and they are all well within specs. I completely forgot about the voltage box. I believe that is the small black 3 wire connector box on the shifter side right?

No, that's the TORS box. Throw it in the trash.

The voltage regulator is a 1 wire metal box to regulate the voltage to the lights. It has nothing to do with the engine running.

If they dump fuel out of the overflow, it is most likely stuck floats, or old/bad needles and seats. If you remove the carbs from the bike, turn them upside down, remove the bowls. (do this one at a time, so you don't mix stuff up, and worst case scenario you have another carb to go to for reference) You will need to replace your needles and seats. FAST racing sells them for very cheap. I replace them every 3 to 4 years or as needed. They are easy to change.

Yea I figured I needed new needles for sure as I have straightened them out twice with pliers after I've bent them. But it does dump out the overflow. So I take that carb off and apart and clean it. Then try again and the other carb is doing it. It seems to me that my junk is cursed.