SHEE +2 LSR STEERING STEM PICS?

Abel138

Ya ill give them a call tommorow.  Didnt realize it was a long weekend.  Well hopefully they already have it made up and in sock,  not sure if everything is made to order.  and drilling a hole is not a big deal either.

do these come with new lower bearings?  or would that be something i need to order separate?

Ya I have sent a few email, tried calling, left messages.  I have not heard anything back from them.  No conformaton email or anything.  They dont even pick up there fucking phone.  Complete bullshit.  I dont know how you can run a company without even picking up the phone.  completely unprofessional.  It will be a week tommoro since i placed my order.  It looks like a nice stem, but holy fuck customer service and everything about this company is complete horse shit!!!!! 

end rant.

anyways lol,  post some pics of it installed.  was it just the Toe in etc you had to adjust?

Everyone stay away from Burgard!!!!!!!!  Its been almost two weeks now.  no confirmation email, every time I call either they don't answer, don't email me back, or I talk to someone and explain how long ago I ordered etc, and all they say is ya its shipping out tomorrow.   I honestly cant believe this.  I have never experienced anything like this.  I used paypal so hopefully I can get my money back.  

Burgard can go fuck themselves 

sorry dude.. if I knew they where that bad i would of never recommended their stem!

not your fault at all man.  They look like a nice stem.  But fuck man,  I dont know if im getting a stem, or if they are ripping me off.  I dont care If its gonna take longer than expected, but at least send me a email, give me a call, do something.  Like fuck I dont even know if they really have my order or not.  The guy I talked to sounded like a fucking idiot and didnt know what the fuck was going on.  

absolutley brutal

So I tightened down the the bearing block that goes in between the stem and the frame.  Torqued  them down to stock requirements.  The steering now feels very stiff.  Am I supposed to use a different torque setting?  Just doesn't feel right,  the stock one moved freely.  I have the front end jacked up.  tie rods are off.  and the stiffness in the steering im experiencing is that off what it would be like with the wheels on the ground.  (if that makes sense) 

So I tightened down the the bearing block that goes in between the stem and the frame. Torqued them down to stock requirements. The steering now feels very stiff. Am I supposed to use a different torque setting? Just doesn't feel right, the stock one moved freely. I have the front end jacked up. tie rods are off. and the stiffness in the steering im experiencing is that off what it would be like with the wheels on the ground. (if that makes sense)

did you replace the bearing in there?

did you replace the bearing in there?

I replaced the dust seals in the bearing block,  Didn't do the lower bearing tho.  They looked like they were in fine shape.

The powder cost makes the stem thicker and can be the issue...

Did you lube everything up? If there's no mess you didn't put enough. Lol... I'm 99% sure that's the issue... Same deal happened to y buddy with a after market stem... Told him to throw some grease galore in there and problem solved...

I throw grease anywhere I can to prevent wear... Taking my bike apart is one hell of a mess lol

Ya I put a bit in there,  Didnt think to jam it full.  For some reason I thought that it didn't need that much.  Ill throw a shit load in there and see how it feels.  Also the Bar clamp that has the rubber bushings,  do they use stock Torque requirements? I used stock because  there was no instructions or anything.

thanks guys

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...