Jetting FMF Fattys

250rbanshee

I'm having problems figuring out my hard starting issue.  Engine is .040" over with wiseco pistons, very mild porting, TDR reeds, FMF Fatty's & Turbinecore 2's, stock airbox no lid w/Moose Racing air filter, stock carbs with tors, 27.5 pilots, 300 mains, needles in the middle.  This thing is a pain to start...takes a good 20 minutes before it'll finally fire up.  After it's running it starts fine and runs great.  Here's the thing that's puzzling me..when it finally starts up it's running on the right cylinder only for a few seconds then finally the left side will start.  Now after it's warm I can pull the choke and it idles up so I'm assuming it still needs bigger pilots.  And it'll run with the pilot screws screwed all the way in.  I had another engine on this bike and it did the same thing but I kept the same stator and exhaust.  Is it just jetting or should I look at electrical issues?  I changed the coil to rule that out and no change.  I got 30 pilots ordered, reeds are new, and compression is good.  My 01 banshee starts within 2 or 3 kicks no matter the temp.  Thanks.