Will this Work?

band1t

Hey all,

I sitting here build this banshee for next spring

and my mind just clicked a idea. :bunny:

since this is a dune running bike

instead of a chain can I run a cog belt drive set up

like what Harley Davidson uses on there street bikes??

the reason I ask is sand gets in everything and can destory a chain pretty easily.

Has anyone already done a belt drive set up on a banshee??

or will this have to be a complete custom job?

Anything can be done if you want to bad enough and have enough smarts to do it. I thinnk you would have hugh issues with a belt in the sand. The first time it got sand in it you would be done. There is a reason they run them on road bikes and not dirt bikes dude!

Anything can be done if you want to bad enough and have enough smarts to do it. I thinnk you would have hugh issues with a belt in the sand. The first time it got sand in it you would be done. There is a reason they run them on road bikes and not dirt bikes dude!

Well am doing more research and discovered the Polaris quads and RZR XP 900

Are belt driven.

I would think that sand would make it worse. Imagine if a whole lot of sand impacted between the belt and gear. That belt will spin, the wheels won't. You'll rip the teeth on the belt off. Wanna know how I know this? Seen it done on my fathers bike with water. I would think the sand will do it faster and more aggressively

Well am doing more research and discovered the Polaris quads and RZR XP 900 Are belt driven.

They have a belt driven CVT TRANSMISSION that is protected inside a plastic/metal housing. You are talking about the final drive on the Banshee, and most Polaris quads still have a chain, or a shaft for a final drive.