won't start

pashee

Did my first jetting job tonight didn't work out so well. I did read up on everything I could find on it and I think I got a good idea on everything. I replaced stock mains with 280 and also put a bigger needle in. Got everything back together and engine isn't getting gas(It is turned on wasn't at first). Carb sync seems to be fine. I was running out of time to work on it so I haven't checked anything yet. I am thinking mabe my floats are stuck. I did try tappin on it but didn't help. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas before I go back at it tomorrow.

Thanks for any help

You gotta tap the bowls pretty hard, but usually mine will stick open so fuel starts flyin' out the overflow hoses. Also give it a minute or so to get fuel into the carbs after you turn on the petcock. If still no go, pull the carbs and see if there's fuel in the bowls, and clean the float needle and seat, maybe double check the float height. Also, make sure the choke tube is in place and the slides aren't reversed. Let us know what happens, good luck.

Found my problem. Pretty stupid really. When I was putting everything back together last night I ran out of light so I had my buddy shining his lights from his raptor. Anyway I managed to put the splash shields on upside down so the pilot jet was completely blocked. Had it fixed today in 20 minutes(light is amazing) and its running great but still may need a little more fine tunning. thanks for your help