12000+ rpm,should i get crank welded

booxzzy

I have 372cc banshee with fatty pipes and power core 2 silencers,im running k&n air filter with lid,+4 degrees cdi box,280 main jets.

With this set up (according to trail tech) at 20 degeees celsius i can get around 11 100 - 11 200 rpm and at 35 degrees around 10 700 - 10 800 (at sea level).

If i shave head for 0.30 mm i suppose i would get over 12 000 rpm and im wondering is crank welding necessery?

I doubt your going to see anywhere in those lines with a FMF pipe...

but on your question.... Yes if your in there weld the crank...  RPMS but also compression play a big role on unwelded cranks and seeing the OEM crank is known to seperate.... its a no brainer... weld it and be done.

what he said

The banshee ignition fires every 180deg, and both plugs fire at the same time.  So if you are just hooked up to your coil signal wire with your trail tech, then divide your rpm number by two for real rpm.  With fatty pipes that would also be a much more realistic number.  5, to 6500rpm is a LOT more realistic for your setup.

-Jared

The banshee ignition fires every 180deg, and both plugs fire at the same time.  So if you are just hooked up to your coil signal wire with your trail tech, then divide your rpm number by two for real rpm.  With fatty pipes that would also be a much more realistic number.  5, to 6500rpm is a LOT more realistic for your setup.

-Jared

i know that,when i  bought shee it use to show 19999 rpms so i got the user manual for vapour from the internet and adjusted it properly,anyway ill  film it and post it on youtube

12,000RPM with fattys? You won't see that, even if you spun 12,000 you would be losing power at that point instead of gaining. The motor may sound like its revving high as hell but your probably dropping off on power

i do actually,but up to 9000 maybe 9500 it pulls good