APT Smartcarb thoughts?

Kendrick81

Lookin at the Smartcarb setup, I don't know how to jet or care to learn how to....anyone know anything about these for banshees? I have 34 mm flat sides currently.

Bob

Not to be a dick, but you own a two stroke banshee and do not know how to jet? How the heck does that work for ya?

Dirty- rumors are that they will have a cast version in spring to summer 2013 and they are supposed to be in the 400 range. However billet does look nice, so maybe I ll still consider them.

Toofast- what's your big bike? How do you think they will do on a banshee setup from your experience so far? I go from Nor Cal to Vegas to Utah to South Dakota, so I'd liked a more versatile setup, what do you think. Thanks for your insight.

Nieskes- that's not bein a dick, it's a legit question. This is my second 2 stroke. Honestly just got back into ATV s last year and haven't had one since I was about 14 (17 years ago), and that was a kx 125, and I only really rode one place in Utah, so jetting was not really necessary. With my Banshee I ride in many locations and had a lot of money put into it while I was in Kuwait, I don't want to hurt the motor by being too lean, and its a viable concern because of my lack of experience. So what I do is pay someone to jet the thing for me. While I wait for that to be done I ride my Polaris Predator. Hence the reason I have looked into items like the smartcarb.

Thanks all for your replies, any more info or thoughts would be helpful and appreciated.

Bob

to me the apt is a solid theory and seems to work well.   the billets look bad ass.  the cast should be well within the price range of other carbs...

i'm waiting on the alcohol versions  OR them to just send me a set with big bowls to start working on my own needles..... 

i personally feel if the company dosent up and totally fail like some atv industry firsts have ( please dont screw up!@!)  these COULD revolutinize the carberator....

Glenyboy posted this link in the other APT thread.

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13471

Seems one of the members there is a rep or affiliated with APT and has answered a ton of questions and shared a lot of info. Plus the guy who started the thread is a neutral third party who has already tried the billet version and gives a good review. A good read if you're as interested in these carbs as I am.