Its Alive!

Got the old shee going again. Sure this fix wont last long, but it worked. 1000 grit sand paper works wonders. Bought a shee with sticking rings. she had a warped head and leaked like a sieve. Tore her down, fixed some head bolt threads the guy who had her had striped out.

Man does she have some scaring on the piston. I managed to get the rings un stuck and off the piston with out breaking them. used a little 1000 grit sand paper on them so they fit with out sticking. and blocked the head and jugs. Had to do this to level them out and fix some scaring on the head and jug. Got her back together tonight. Believe it or not after burning some after run oil I soaked the crank in while shes been siting. she actually fired up. I am running 108 PSI from both cylinders.   I don't think this fix will last to long. But hopefully a little while. well see how it goes. 

Hey guys need your help.  I bought this banshee the other day. As you can tell by the above post it was a rat. Ive got some concerns here on how I just put it back together. I bought it with three head bolts striped. I am concerned this thing actually does have a stroker crank in it. But truth is I have no idea if it is or not. If it is it is the 110 rod crank. 

What I know is that it has the vitos 110 rod crank with their port cut pistons. When I bought it there was no stroker plate under the cylinders. I was told the guy who was running it was using the stock head I just put back on it. I also received a cool head with no domes. When the head was off I ran the Pistons to TDC. I really don't have a good gauge to measure the clearance, but to run a finger across the top of the jug to the piston I think there was some over clearance not much but noticeable. If I am thinking right this would be a stroker crank. I am hoping not at this point, I really don't understand how the heck this thing even started if it is. I can almost guarantee that the stock head was not milled.  

Maybe I am off here but if this thing is a stroker, With a stock head and no stroker plate. Can it actually turn over? The crown of the piston would actually contact the head before TDC and not finish the revolution? I am dreading this. I just got the darn head to seal. The head its self is a pain in the ass to get on and off due to the assed up head bolts. It all fits together but Ive got one bolt threaded badly so its a M---Fer to fit. I think I can measure the squish with sodier but am not sure what the measurement should be.

I know this top end isn't going to last long as bad as the pistons looked. but would like to run her. Not real sure what to do here. Not to concerned about this crap setup on it now. but am concerned about the rebuild. Don't know weather to build it as a stroker when I redo the jugs and pistons. She seams like a perfect candidate

To go big bore. Shes at .50 now anyways, and these jugs are F--ed . Your thoughts would be appreciated. 

stroker crank with completely stock head would make the piston kiss the head.  Take a dowel.....put motor at TDC and insert dowel and mark it........then rotate motor to BDC and mark it again.....pull out dowel and measure.....that's the easiest way to find out if its a stroker or not without spliting the cases.

Thanks, I did take her down the road today about a half a mile. Man is this thing nasty. She is way different than the one on my pics here. I really didn't do much for tuning on this thing it was spot on. I am a little nervous about really rotting into her. Just babing her down the road today she was snotty. a little unpredictable. Seems shes going to be fun while she last.