Banshee runs smooth and strong will warm.. breaks up

/\ x2

I'm with Heath on this one.....I can't see it being a radiator issue. I CAN however, see it being an ignition problem. It sounds as if one of your ignition components is having a heat saturation issue. Where it acts perfectly fine when the part is being used for a few minutes.....but once it's used enough for it to start to create some heat inside itself it begins to fail. I'd say grab a meter and ohm out the parts......BUT you may have a hard time doing that as it may only show a problem if you let it warm up and ride it until it starts to have the problem. It may be easier to just go piece by piece and swap with your dad and brothers bike....1 ignition piece at a time.

im interested to hear about the outcome of this, my '03 does the same thing, iv maybe put 5 hours on it since the last rebuild and havnt had a decent ride yet. i was contemplating taking it in to the shop to get the jetting looked at as i have tried everything i have been told to try, never even thought about an electrical problem

just remember, all of your jetting/carb adjustments should be done to a HOT engine. if you have ohmed and checked everything, as said, do it hot. the coil will read different hot, but he stator should be close, and all other components pretty much unchanged. it may, or may not be a problem if yyou find this, but, if you still can't find it, inspect the stator windings for blackening on the finer wires. it is common to see them a little brown, since the stator can actually suply more than you need in like new condition, but they do cook. as for the rad, well, that's unrelaed personal preference. overheating in the woods is real common, but that is due to no air flow. alarger radiator just makes it take longer both heatingand cooling.

You know what, I can't believe I hadn't thought about the stator. I have been needing to buy a new one anyway because the lighting side of it does not produce power so I can't use lights. So whether the ignition side is performing poorly or not I'm going to change it anyway.

I've already been through 3 stators with this bike and keep getting used. I'm going to go new and be done with it.

If it's not the stator im going to have to start looking at other things.

• 8 months later...

Sorry for never responding!

Never figured it out because I haven't even gotten a new stator or checked anything yet.. Plus I havent had too much money. I'm going on a ride sunday but for the life of me can't find someone selling a stator locally so I'm pretty upset.