Banshee runs smooth and strong will warm.. breaks up

Hey guys.

My banshee's always had this issue and after riding a few friends banshee's it's starting to really bother me and I wanna get to the bottom of it.

My banshee's motor itself is healthy, good compression, jetted correctly, etc. It's always been fast (even a hair faster then a couple of my friends shee's which have a few more mods) My issue is that for the first 15 minutes or so of riding, it will run beautiful. No hesitations, no stuttering, just instant powerband. Around that 15-20 minute mark of riding, it starts to break up down low. Once it gets past the hesitation/stutter it still pulls up top really hard. The hesitation down low gets really annoying in tight trails or when im low in the RPM range.. If I let it sit for a few minutes it'll run strong down low again for maybe 5 minutes then act up again.

All this leads me to believe it's some sort of heat related problem. My impellar is fine, looks to be in good shape. My father's and friend's banshee's do not overheat where we ride and generally we stay moving at a good pace. Do you think that maybe my original 89 radiator isn't flowing as good as it once did? I was looking at those oversized radiators on ebay. Or could the impellar look good and actually be shot because of little wear?

not a pro but why not change impeller and flush the radiator or get a new one, thats what i did on mine since the previous owner didnt maintain the bike well( not saying you dont take care of it but its a very old model 1989. GL and hope it helps.

i bet a dollar its a jetting issue....just my two cents but id raise a clip or try different needle ... possibly drop a size on pilot ...alot cheaper than alternative so not out anything just to try it.....and i think all shees will spit coolant on trails if overflow tank is still in factory location

Thanks ricardo.

I've played with the jetting numerous times and with multiple settings and jets and it's never fixed it. I've also sync'd them 3 times. I really dont believe its jetting especially since it runs so good up until the point of it breaking up.

I once had the same exact problem with my banshee

a few years back. I decided to change the stator and

that instantly fixed the problem! Just like yours it ran

very strong like a champ for about 15 min. Then it would

Hesitate and miss fire down low. My engine was also

Pefectly healthy at the time too.

yah, if your jetting doesn't effect it, it has to be in ignition. might still be rich somewhere, but i would go over it. check the plug caps, check the pickup gap, and ohm out the stator and coil. make sure there is no moisture/rust in the stator and connections.

oh, yah, and don't forgt about spark plugs....