banshee topend

Okiepred

I just purchased a stock cylinder 4mil topend and apparently it's for a 4mil short rod and I have a 4mil long rod! The pistons stick out of the top of the cylinders about an 1/8"! Can I use a 4mil spacer plate and be ok? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Uh, you better take a closer look at what you have. A 4 mil is supposed to end up with the piston 2 millimeters(.078") (a little short of "about" an 1/8")out the top of the cylinder. If you have long rods, and do NOT have long rod pistons, you would have the pistons 2 mil + 5 mil =7 mil (.275") (over 1/4") out the top of the cylinder

Edited by Starwriter

Apparently that's a Trinity big bore set up that uses bigger Blaster style pistons specially made by Wiseco for Trinity. So, the Blaster style piston has the correct pin height for a long rod, but uses a different dome angle than Banshee pistons. Did you get a head or domes with it? If so, bolt it on and check the squish. If not, you're gonna have to get domes cut. I could be totally out in left field with this, but that's what it seems like to me.

What these guys are saying is what u need , u have a custom made pistons w a blaster cut done angle that's why u need to run the head that was given , I would just make Shure by checking the squish cause maybe u need a thicker bottom gasket and not so much a spacer plate or if everything is fine in dandy then u will just run that head the way it is with no head gasket just cilicone and torque to spec and UR good

I bolted everything up with gaskets and the head for it and pistons hit the head! Cometic makes a 4mil kit instead of plate it's a thicker base gasket! I think with that I would clear and then do a squish test?