noob.....first shee....jetting questions?

fat_tony

ok so i got my banshee and it was stock . i have put boysen reeds in it uni foam filter with holes in lid fmf gold pipes pc2 silencers and hogged out the reed cages and ive got 165 compression in both cylinders 19cc domes in chariot head now heres the question ? ive got stock jetting and i have noticed gains with each mod and never had any bogging or overheating and 4 plug chops all looked good. i have bought jets in 290 300 and 320 but have no idea if i should go up to one of them or not ...and please be easy on me as i have searched and read a crapload about jetting its just that the quad seems to run great how it is ................also im at 1400 ft i weigh 330 and ride mostly woods and occasionally drag race my buddies also i mix 40 to 1 with caster 927 or whatever its called and pump gas

Edited by fat_tony

ok so i got my banshee and it was stock . i have put boysen reeds in it uni foam filter with holes in lid fmf gold pipes pc2 silencers and hogged out the reed cages and ive got 165 compression in both cylinders 19cc domes in chariot head now heres the question ? ive got stock jetting and i have noticed gains with each mod and never had any bogging or overheating and 4 plug chops all looked good. i have bought jets in 290 300 and 320 but have no idea if i should go up to one of them or not ...and please be easy on me as i have searched and read a crapload about jetting its just that the quad seems to run great how it is ................also im at 1400 ft i weigh 330 and ride mostly woods and occasionally drag race my buddies also i mix 40 to 1 with caster 927 or whatever its called

you are running stock jetting with pipes? deffinitly get that shit out. you should be good with the 290 mains 27.5 pilot. depending on temp id say rrun the 320 or higher for around 40 degrees.

is there a different way to tell if im lean besides the plug chop method .....like i said it runs or at least i think it runs like a raped ape ...only thing i have trouble beating around here is a 11 yz 450 dirtbike modded and gytr programmer on it lol

yeh theres another way to tell its called melting a piston and spending 300 dollars. just pull your plugs and take a nice HD picture with a smart phone upload them to photo bucket them paste the link of the pics on here.