drag chassis vs stock...

jayhawkatv

Just like the title says. I Don't know anyone with a drag chassis so I really don't know what the real difference is besides better hook up. Are they lighter? any help would be awesome.... btw motor is around 100hp flat sand drags only... also what can i expect to pay for one...thanks

there alot of variables here on the weight deal. on average i would say a drag chassis setup is about 65 lbs lighter than a stock frame dragger. prices used 1500-3000 new 2500-5000. suspended, ridged, materials, wheelbase and what all components you want installed will all effect the cost.

Edited by ONLY2STROKES

A drag chassis built RIGHT is the way to go! Your times will be much better just because you will be able to drive it not fight it!

The best and easiest bike to ride I have owned is the 820 Titan cougar on a 96in deafman chassis! And I have owned every thing from a 421 cub, big and small dms to the cougar! It all goes back to complete setup.

a drag chassis is lighter... transfers weight better and it is also more controlable if and when it decides to lift the front tires..... i went for years telling myself i didnt need to spend the money on a drag chassis, had my stock frame cut up as light as i could get it.... added chrome alloy where ever i could... finally one day i got to ride a bike that was on a drag chassis and all it took was one ride for me to realize i was wasting my time with the stock frame and i bought a drag chassis...