getting into the banshee world...

hey guys, just got an 02 banshee a couple months ago, always wanted one! so finally got one and i love it! now all i want to do its get a blown up banshee this winter and re do everything, I'm talking powder coated frame new a arms, the whole deal, problem is, I'm a little bit worried on the motor part.. I've not really messed with the motor or carbs, so i just wanted to know if i should go through with all this, and how hard is rebuilding the motor and electrical stuff? thanks guys i know I'm a noob :(

Sweet.. It seems like you got the addiction!! For starters you have to come to realize that this is gonna get kinda pricey! Come up with a budget and then figure on spending half again as much!! Dont be intimidated buy the motor aspect! There are plenty of knowledgable people on here that will help you through everything!! Just be honest with yourself and build the quad around your riding needs!! Do everything exactly the way you want or it will come back and haunt you in the long run.. I build 3 different motors this summer just because i didn't do it right from the start!! Im also in the process of a complete build.. Everything new.. Good luck with your build!!

Welcome, there fairly easy to wrench on but as far as tuning and shit gos you need to be patient and get as much knowledge in your head as possible check out the technical section. I suggest you go ahead and buy a carb sync tool, flywheel puller, clymers manual for starters.

thanks guys, i think I'm going to make a trails bike and i think I'll have the project for maybe a year, but what kind of motor mods are for the woods oriented, i want the better handling and great suspension in addition to the motor being torquey, probly a bigger gas tank and some brake lights lol, thanks a bunch guys again

You will get 1000 answers. Me personally went from stock, to trails, to dunes, and now to drag. Looking back I think porting my trail bike made the most diff. If I had to do it all over again, I would do this order. Tires, pipes, porting, coolhead, timing plate, pancake, and impeller. A few little other things. Then move on to A-arms, shocks, and swinger the next go around.

welcome and enjoy the forum. try to keep one thing in mind..... the more $ you spend the more you will get out of it for the most part. im not saying you cant build a nice powerful bike with a decent amount but h.p. and performance takes $$$ however there are some nice cheap mods that give you some good boosts like a adjustable timing plate, porting ect. like the others said you have to choose what you want the bike to do and then you can go from there. some back ground on your riding time/experience will help. be warned though..... this sport is expensive and very addicting! you can go as wild as you want depending on $