lurching

sheerider11

So if I'm in gear holding in the clutch and gas it bike starts to roll. Had this problem since day 1. New clutch, hub, pressure plate from fast. Billet basket no grooves, and new cable and pancake bearing. Have the long adjuster in for the pancake bearing in. Asv lever adjusted every which way. Can never get neutral while bike is running and constantly miss shifts when racing.

I'm at a loss

I use to have this same problem when I had the pancake bearing with the longer rod. I ended having to put the stock adjusted back in to cure the problem. Couldnt never figure it out with the pancake setup.

I use to have this same problem when I had the pancake bearing with the longer rod. I ended having to put the stock adjusted back in to cure the problem. Couldnt never figure it out with the pancake setup.

What are you saying three one with the Philips in the pancake or the shorter one?

I ended having to go back to the stock Philips one in order to get it adjusted properly where it would creep when I hit the gas.

Wtf. I can't understand this. I'm going to 3 stiff spring and 3 stock. I'm just gonna throw what ever I can think of at it. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the idea Trav. I'm gonna have to hunt down a stock adjuster in my garage now, but if any one has one I'll take it

Actually, after thinking about it a bit more, since it does it with the clutch disengaged, it's probably not a trans problem.

You can get a little more movement of clutch pressure plate by turning the setscrew on the ASV lever so that the lever is farther from the bars, allowing more dissengagement.

Actually, after thinking about it a bit more, since it does it with the clutch disengaged, it's probably not a trans problem.

You can get a little more movement of clutch pressure plate by turning the setscrew on the ASV lever so that the lever is farther from the bars, allowing more dissengagement.

I already have it set like that because that's where it feels most comfortable for me.

Also make sure steel plates are installed correctly. They are stamped so they have a sharp and a rolled edge. I install them with rolled edge facing out. This allows plates to move out a little easier. Not always a fix but may help.

I'm gonna try anything I can. So everything is an option. Thanks for the idea. It makes sense so it can't make it Any worse then what it is

is it maxed out as far as tightening/ajusting your clutch ?did u soak your plates before install? maybe let it run/warm abit.i had this prob .clutch was stickin from sitting for the winter unused..jus throwin idea's out there.....goodluck :cheers:

Edited by shakar

is it maxed out as far as tightening/ajusting your clutch ?did u soak your plates before install? maybe let it run/warm abit.i had this prob .clutch was stickin from sitting for the winter unused..jus throwin idea's out there.....goodluck :cheers:

I've been running this clutch for about 4 months. I've lined up the arrows on the case, adjusted the pancake bearing all the way in, tried both rods the bearing came with, put the stock one back in. Had the lever adjusted every which way. Still stumped