Need pipes for serval dyno testing

cjcrete

Hey guys, been doing some in house dyno testing here in Massachusetts on my dynojet dyno with a/f module and eddy current load. Looking for someone that could lend me some low to mid pipes for testing, like pro circuits, slp, lrd etc. looking for the perfect pipe for what the serval was designed for. Currently testing shearer small bore in frames, power curves are great, I just need more low roll on power. The bike is a 7mill serval setup for oval racing. if someone has any of these pipes and is looking to build a serval. I can do the research for us. If interested, let me know. Thanks. CJ

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL Have you done any research on this before you started this thread??? This is going to be another fun thread to watch blow up!!

LOL Have you done any research on this before you started this thread??? This is going to be another fun thread to watch blow up!!

Lol. Sure did! This is a super serval also and would like to find a pipe to roll on at about 4k rpm. Us tt/flattrack guys are using a completely different power band. I have seen a few pro circuits but not enough backup on a dynojet on low rpm torque pulls.

Lol. Sure did! This is a super serval also and would like to find a pipe to roll on at about 4k rpm. Us tt/flattrack guys are using a completely different power band. I have seen a few pro circuits but not enough backup on a dynojet on low rpm torque pulls.

Why does it have to roll on at 4k? Whats wrong with 5500-6000? Cant you gear for your power to be ready for you @ 5500? Seems like you would want a less brutal "hit" in that application,but what difference will 1500 RPM make ( difference between 4k & 5.5k)

Why does it have to roll on at 4k? Whats wrong with 5500-6000? Cant you gear for your power to be ready for you @ 5500? Seems like you would want a less brutal "hit" in that application,but what difference will 1500 RPM make ( difference between 4k & 5.5k)

Very simple. A motor that starts making power at 6500 is worthless for a short track motor! talk about a peaky motor. A short track can be anywhere between an 1/8 mi to 1/3 mi track. (very small) in a perfect world if a banshee got the whole shot every time and the track was from Ny to Cali your motor could start making power at 9k and kick ass. Just hope you don't have slower traffic in front of you in a full sideways drift at 60 as you have to let off and grab a handfull of brake your peaky motor falls on its face and you will be in last before you know it!. If you see the actual difference in time over a dyno run from a motor that comes on power from 4 to 6500k it would shock you. Long enough for you to go from 1st to 4th! Most people will never get it until they have been competitive in our sport. The more you gear down for high rpm the slower you are!

here is some roll on power.

weaker line is stock stroke. other line is 7mil

everything else is teh same, stock carbs, same port timing, same reeds, same pipe, same dome profile

382762_289107657794347_100000853464652_775085_198370943_n.jpg

That's a very nice curve zilla! Now it only needs to make some power. That output won't stand a chance in the am class here!