How do I know my shocks are bad?

3s1k

I bought 2 banshees for $2000, one works and one doesn't. Anyways. In the box of parts if found a set of Piggyback PEP shocks, they look really dirty. I pushed down on them and they were really hard came back up quickly.

On the non running banshee there was a set of Works non piggy's. One of the Rods look a little bent.

Anyways my question is how do I know it they need rebuilding or just a little cleaning? Is it possible to bend the rod back?

I bought 2 banshees for $2000, one works and one doesn't. Anyways. In the box of parts if found a set of Piggyback PEP shocks, they look really dirty. I pushed down on them and they were really hard came back up quickly.

On the non running banshee there was a set of Works non piggy's. One of the Rods look a little bent.

Anyways my question is how do I know it they need rebuilding or just a little cleaning? Is it possible to bend the rod back?

Bending the shaft back I suppose is an option, but you'll never get it straight.

The PEP's rebound issues could be one of several things. IFP binding/burst bladder, piston binding, low nitrogen pressure, dirty oil, bent shaft, or low/no oil left in the shock.

When you hit the whoops pinned and end up on your ass......you'll know your shocks are blown.

you know your shock is fucked when it wont come back up after you push the suspension down

They come right back up when I push them down, is there anything else to look for?

I plan on sending them to Matt but I want to make sure they need rebuilding before I spend the money as 1 of the banshee's needs some work/money to get running.

Edited by 3s1k