Rich Main Jet..

Alright so i'm running toomey t5's, VF3, Pod knn's w/ outerwears and 300 on the mains, stock pilots (25), 3rd groove Dynojet needle. My elevation is 0 at sea level the weather's about 90. And when I hit 6th gear WOT I get this bogging and feeling like it's running lean. So I told my local banshee mechanic about this problem and he suggested the problem to be with the timing I have no idea how much my timing was set too before (I didn't get a chance to ask) but maybe 0 or +2 however he set it to +5.5 (which he also runs on his banshee) and says its best because he's tried almost all the other degrees. I also replaced the spark plug and vooolaa it was hauling again with impecable force i'm so happy with it there is no more bogging anymore and top speed was climbing faster than ever before. Only problem is when I took off my plugs to inspect they were black as if im running rich (I already decreased the amount of oil in my mixture and now run 40:1 I use to run like 34-36 ish cause i thought it was safer but not anymore, no more smokin or wastin oil).

What should I do about my main jets it appears to me that i'm running rich I have 280's with me should I throw that in? What about my pilots I have a set of 30's should I throw that in with the 280's or..

And about my engine temperature i've noticed it running cooler now after the timing and plug change. before the change it was in the 165 (70- possibly 80 degrees Celsuis) now im mostly running at 150 now (65-70 Celsius) That's a good thing isn't it (I know because I have a Trail Tech Vapor)

Thanks in advanced

Yoo Everyone so I'm starting to have a small problem again. First I checked both plugs was was surprised to see that both of them had different colors on them :wacko: Both of the plugs had 2 colors on them. The first one looked pretty good to me it has a nice chocolate brown on one side but gets lighter on the other half side almost getting white with tannish effects. What could be causing this? The other plug had the same problem but with a different color. It was like dark brown but almost white on the other half side. When I pulled the plugs out they were wet and black on the ring but i dont run much oil, however thats fine i guess because often times i fill up in the gas station and pour oil directly into the tank so oil ratio differs but not by much. I make sure they dont smoke much they only do in the beginning but the oil im running burns clean and is good never had a problem with plugs and jetting until I started running pods. I checked the air screws and turns out the side that was running dark brown had a different turn out that the other. But i turned both of them in fully and turned them both 1.75 turns out cause that was the best it ideals at. So what should I do because the bogging is back i'm almost certain it's from the pod filters. When i clean them they run perfect the first day and all but after a couple of days maybe a week i get bogging again. I do run outerwears but this is kinda bothering me I guess i'll just lay it aside and re-install the airbox with a single k&n and run 280 mains. I'm currently running 300's 25 pilots and 3rd groove Dynojet needle. Should i throw a 30 pilot that i have if i jet to 280. Should i try 280 and 30 with the pods? Please help thanks again :cheers:

I'm trying to upload a picture but this fucker wont allow me to upload more than 50k so I dont have an other way to show you guy other than email, so leave you email in the reply and ill email them to you

when i clean /oil my filters ,mine runs pig fat with oil for a bit.so maybe your lean and when you oil your filters the xtra oil's helping you lean prob????jus a thought also you should be runin 27 1/2 pilots with jus pipes. let alone the pods. .goodluck