T5's OR CPI? Help please

erock1911

I went from t'5s to CPIs on my stock cylinder 4 mil... cant say I noticed a dramatic difference. When I went from CPIs to snipers on my cub I noticed a more noticeable gain. My CPIs did not fit well... had to space them up front and the pods would burn on both sides. I have never mounted shearers.

So far snipers are my favorite.

CPI and FMF are the only pipes ive never not had to modify anything to get them to fit..

In my experience, CPI are either going to slip right on or be the worst nightmare in the world to fit. One or the other with them, no "they fit ok". I like how they perform and prefer them to shearers on some setups. I am a dealer for both and have a great deal of experience with both. 99.9% of the shearers I've used have fit quite well for a large inframe drag pipe. In my opinion Shearer makes a very good product, debatably the pipes all other drag pipes are judged by.

Get your cylinders set up for a certain pipe and run it... call a reputable builder (a damn good one has already commented in your thread... TWICE) and have him set up a motor JUST for what you NEED!!!!

On a stock, unported engine the CPI's and Shearers will both be somewhat undesireable. They will both run fine but you'll suffer a loss of low end tq and see little gain up top compared to your pro-circuits. PC's are a great pipe, debateably one of the best broad midrange pipes on the market. In my opinion Shearers, then CPI's are the best top end pipes on the market. Keep your PC's, forget about T-5's. Save your money towards building and engine that does what you want and let your engine builder of choice help you pick out your supporting mods.

-Brandon