banshee shifting before sealing cases

sylverbullet57

i ran into a little issue and im sure cn help me out i would really appreciate it.my reason for tearing down my engine is because i had a small leak on my clutch cover ,when i drained the oil i seen metal shavings so i tore the engine down ,it ran and idled great before tearing it down however when i went to put the cases back i was doing what the clymer manual said about checking the trans for shifting and its binding up on me .the adjustment bolt is new and adjusted correctly,it shifted fine before tearing it down .everything was thoroughly cleaned with simple green ,clean water ,carb spray then compressed air the lubed up and installed .will the shifting issue go away once its all together and running?all replies appreciated thank.

try spinning the main shaft while trying to shift. also escentric screw adjusted accordingly?

yeah doing what you stated did help some .but i thought it had to shift without doing that?yes purchased a new one and got it adjusted correctly ,ialso ordered the spring that rides on that bolt to see if it helps

Edited by sylverbullet57