Wont Idle, Runs Past 1/4 Throttle

2006Shee SE

So my banshee will not idle, it starts occasionally but will not idle. It runs past 1/4 throttle and seems to be backfiring a lot. I am new to banshees and not sure where to start, I took the carb apart and cleaned it, put fresh gas in and nothing. If I can get it running it drives fine, but I cant let it go below 1/4 throttle. Ran perfect before, started first kick and ran like a top. I dont know what happened. Please help!!!!

No need to be an ass man. If i could ckeck now I would but I have somehting called a JOB.

he was just being funny, don't take it so hard.

if they are correct, then you might want to check your wiring over again.

Edited by toytech

he was just being funny, don't take it so hard.

if they are correct, then you might want to check your wiring over again.

Sorry, shitty day. Im going to double check that tonight and go over my wiring, it just seems so strange that it would just happen like that as soon as I move a couple of boxes around. I think I have a different problem which just happened to show up after I did my wiring. Also at first it started and then revved wide open, so i killed it and tryed again, same thing happened. Then I tore the carbs appart, cleaned them, and now I have it start hard but run good past 1/4 throttle. Also a lot of loud backfiring.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...