New 4 stroke

Washburn

Well Im tearing down the Banshee and doing a complete rebuilt from PCed frame to 4 mil wood XC Motor. This will take a good year to get every last detail done.

I have 1500.00 So in two months Ill have $-3500.--4000.00 for A used for stroke. Ill look around on Craigslist. If I find a super deal Ill take it but if I wait till November Im gonna have a tough decision to make. It gonna be a 4 Ive owned 250Rs and rode 2 strokes all of my life. Im keeping the Banshee even upping it to be one of the baddest stock chassie banshees for harescrambels XC racing and general racing. Its my main bike.

I want lowend grunt a manuveraable couch on wheels but one I can get wild on still . I want a solid woods bike but I dont want to have to invest stock with a few addons is good for me.

Im looking at the DS650 But the weight of the bike is what is keeping me looking. Ill be on all fours by that I mean I wont be to much jumping but I will be riding with a few 450s and I dont want to drag ass. ROTAX Motor is a huge plus too.

Brings me to the Raptor 700- I rode a few raptors and they arent the most comfterble machines and they stand up way too much. If all of the 700s are the same I dont think I want to gear up to ride something that may flip over on steep hillclimbs. Remember I live and ride in PA and TREVERTON is not far at all/

YFZ450- Yeah, up untill now this would have been me all time choice but I already have the Banshee and the top end race bike I want. I love it but I like comfert and the torque of the bigbore bikes as well. Ill look at any 450 if I can find a deal but if Im gonna spend 3500-4000.00 Im gonna get the best used YFZ I can find. If thats what I end up with.

I will be useing the 4 stroke for general riding around woods, hillclimbs, a few groupe rides, mudding with 4x4s and if Im riding and people start weekend practice racing Ill join in. I wont take the banshee out in the snow its j ust to cold to fast. I dont see how a 4 stroke will differ. But yeah any oppions or what you would spend your money on 4 stroke ridinhg wise lemme know what you would choose.

Thanks in advance.

Neil

I've got an ltr450 and love it. But I've always thought a 700 raptor with some wider suspension. That big bore grunt would be nice. I don't think I'd even look at a ds650. Not over a fuel injected raptor. Especially if you're gonna spend that kinda cash.

I've rode them all.

The DS 450X and DS 450 XXC are my favorite quads in that class. Can't go wrong and they come loaded with options as stock machines.

Go for it!

Im Talking about the DS650

But no doubt. If I can find a DS450XC For around a little under 4k Ide scoop it in a second. I just dident even mention that OR The KTM 525XC Because I doubt Ill be able to find either used with the kind of money I have.

Even 4k is gonna be a hard number to hit and Im under a savings deadline +payments/Taxes/Mortgage/Upkeep Im sure I dont have to tell yinz. Ill probably be more in the 3500.00 range. Plus title transfer and gas money to go look at the ATV +40 bucks to give my buddie for lending me his Pick up. Theres an easy 200. It adds up quick. Too quick.

EFI seems very nice but I wouldent base my choice on that factor. Its a Plus but not a 500 dollar + if you get what Im saying.

I agree a Raptor could be the best big bore machine Cirtenly Lighter than the DS650. but I wouldent buy a 660 and a 700efi would probably take another oh say Wider new arms may as well shell out 400+ for standerd Elkas add another 200 For axle that over a grand That needs to be put into the SHEE.

Im stumped on this one. Feedback from you guys will probably lean me twoards a cirten machine or narrow the selection.

What are them Predator Owtlaws like? I kind of hate to buy one knowing the KTM is out there though. Its all about the $$$$ and condition of the bike.

Im a great fan of the ds650 but being a big guy trail ridding a banshee or 450 just dont work real good on a long ride i have had them all and the ds is like ridding you lazyboy in the woods it can soak up any terrain but if your not a very good size person you dont ride a ds it rides you. It takes some strenth to make a 420lb bike do what you want it to do. Thats the only downfall to the ds. If you find a baja plain orange and black not the baja x it is a bit lighter because it doesnt have the skids all around on it and it has a little longer swingarm so it dont rare up at all. The prediator is a nice choice i think as well just not my fav.

Late model 2007 SE to 2012 Craptor FTW. Throw a wider axle, and some +2+1 a arms on it and it will handle much, much better, fixes the high-centeredness, which is a big issue on all Raptors. I haven't found a problem with the stock swing arm, depends on weight I guess.

if your into hills I would do the 700 raptor hands down I have seen them and seem to be the best from a spectators perspective.. my brother has a 2008 ktm450ex we put a +8 swinger on it for my buddy before my brother bought it off him it works pretty good. we need to tune it and mod the airbox and carb jet.

this is a video of him keep in mind this was his first time on the quad and doing hills and he is 300lbs a 700 rapter with a 250lb guy rips up this hill pretty fast tho

hit me up when you go to treverton