What should I jet to?

jsinar

This better? lol

It's my first plug chop, more like a plug hack. But you get the idea..lol That's with no lid and 280's Wide open 1/2 mile 6th gear pass.

img0209lt.jpg

It felt like it picked up damn near 10 mph, and the front fenders were bent back, very squirrley on top end, never been like that before.

Your slightly lean there bro you might wanna bump it up a size or maybe two till you get a nice tan light brown color. You want my advice get rid of the airbox entirely run pods (UNI's or K&N's) with outerwears your gonna see a lot of performance gains overall and a lot on the top end if you jetting is right it should be around 310'ish with the pods maybe 320 im not sure but if your happy this way I'd recommend changing your fuel mixing ratio to 36:1 instead of 32 so you can slightly be richer.

Running rich wont blow up your engine lean will so be careful. And good luck with your banshee!

Imo , those plugs are just fairly new with not enough pulls on em and the jetting looks slightly rich to me in both color that it will eventually end up at as well as thickness of the ring. I think you are a little long on ride distance. Maybe just do 3 or 4 good hard accelerating pulls wound out into 5 th or 6 th and you will probably see a darker ring. You would like to see a beer bottle brown color.

put my 300s in today and rode around for about 30 minutes, plugs were black as night, the 280s may be about right til it cools off to about 60-50 or so outside.

Does the added timing and outerwears need to be compensated for any?

Edited by jsinar

Alrighty, did another chop with about +2.5 timing, 85 degrees outside.. Still looks rich, but there was no bog top end. Figure it should be good til about 60 degrees or so..

2 passes, 6th gear wot, held it for about 7-10 seconds each pass.

img0218ho.jpg

Edited by jsinar