who cut your domes

werner

So you made no changes to the bike at all everything is the same carbs and all and the way Redline set it up it is blowing o-rings? Have you called and talked to them and ask why this is happening? Just curious becasue I have been dealing with Cameron for years and ran loads of his domes for years and have never had a single issue with them.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to have Tim build me a motor.

Domes aren't everything folks, you cant just swap some in and go WOW there's that extra 10 HP I was looking for.

Domes are everything. The proper dome may not magically add HP but it can change the feel of the bike, how it transitions into power and even jetting issues(yz490). Its the icing on the cake that compliments the setup.

Domes are everything. The proper dome may not magically add HP but it can change the feel of the bike, how it transitions into power and even jetting issues(yz490). Its the icing on the cake that compliments the setup.

Thats 100% on the $$$$

Some of the trouble I was fixed by switching domes

Kevin at HJR is who I use Good guy to deal with & I've been able to get him on the phone at 4 pm Sunday afternoon when I've needed his help.

Your point is correct, but you must have missed mine. Just throwing a "good" set of domes on a stock bike won't do shit.

talked to him earlier today. stand up guy. hes going to cut me a new set after we discussed setup alittle more.

LOL that does not answer any questions. You came on here saying he cut your domes and they were blowing o-rings and you wanted someone else to cut them for you. So was this he setup or was this something you had messed with and maybe leaned out a bit at some point or made other changes to after you go the motor from his shop? Just would be good to post the entire story if you are going to post that someone did a crappy job for you.

As long as you stay away from Trinity, you shouldn't have any issues with domes. Got mine from FAST and they've worked for me.

You obviously have never had Trinity set any domes up for you....because you couldn't be more wrong. If your domes and timing and pipes are all working together, you certainly can see big HP improvements.

Tim at Titan Racing did a set for me that proved that Trinity's domes were brutally bad.

Noss does great work and can get them to you in a heartbeat.

If your ordering domes for your motor and the only thing you ask for is a cc size....your doing it wrong.

I swear Trinity cuts there domes with a big ass uni-bit. lol

do a squish test and measure your squish close to the piston wall and then close to the edge. also make sure your bore is correct for the dome should have ample clearance around where the piston edges are. some of the 68mm pistons actually have a flat spot out on the edge before the crown starts to come up. i have seen issues with that hitting the domes.

you can take a full squish measurement and have NOSS make you any dome you want. i use a modified alky dome that i have been playing with and i can send specs to him and he whips them out for me pretty quick. also been experimenting on a somewhat differnt design that i havent seen before. so far it has been working very well on pump gas motors.

most shops will have a dome design very similar to the "alky" K+T desin i started seeing after the cubs first came out. it was one of the only solid designs that wouldnt lift the head on the front stud.. of course if a dome desin just works it works. you can change it and call it "new" but its still just basic 2 stroke design

Your point is correct, but you must have missed mine. Just throwing a "good" set of domes on a stock bike won't do shit.

Have you tried it? Dome design has come leaps and bounds since the Banshee was designed.

Its more I don't see how your point is relevant.

Have you tried it? Dome design has come leaps and bounds since the Banshee was designed.

Its more I don't see how your point is relevant.

The dome is part of the full package. A fully ported bike with stock PD domes will not run as well as custom domes.

On the flip side, a stock bike with custom cut domes will not run as well as the ported bike.

Tim bond @ Titan Racing

Kim @ K&T

How did I forget them! Although a lot of these folks are sending their designs through NOSS. Makes me wonder if that has anything to do with the development of David's dome design? I know much of his stock cylinder stuff was actually Jim @ passion racing's design and specs believe it or not.

And domes can be every thing. Although if say you run a fast motor with Jeff's domes, you won't get some major jump in power going to say a HJR dome. Some times you have to have the guy who ported it do the dome because tweaking the transfers and that rear upper intake port can really need a good properly designed dome to pick up on those points.

i'd love to see the "design differences" in all these diff domes. i have seen a TON of differt builders domes come through here and almost all of them were the same basic shape.

had a few that came through that were similar to GP designs i have seen in the 80's most just had differnt width squish bands. some were 8mm and went up to around 9 or 10 all the PD domes are in the 11-12mm wide range ( to damn wide in my opinion)

i'm playing with ways to stimulate turbulence and control hot spots...

its fun!

The dome is part of the full package. A fully ported bike with stock PD domes will not run as well as custom domes.

On the flip side, a stock bike with custom cut domes will not run as well as the ported bike.

Now you are grasping for straws and regurgitating my posts.