Special removal tools for crank?

94BANSHEE

Its just a retaining clip... a half clip actually. It guides the crank and keeps it from walking side to side. Call Jeff (for real this time) and ask him for a full c-clip for the crank. Actually, pick up two of them. One will fit the large bearing on the transmission that also uses a half c-clip. If you plan on reusing the stock crank, its a strong piece if you send it to Jeff so he can true it up and weld the crank pin. Its cheap insurance for a reliable build. Also pick up a pancake bearing for your clutch assembly (or you may weld your ball to your shaft :blink: ) and a steel bushing to replace the bronze one on the kicker idler gear (the bronze wears enough to cause the idler gear to cock sideways enough to catch the clutch gear causing mayhem). Lastly, you owe it to your shee to grab a billet water pump impeller. The stocker is plastic and is brittle. These are all cheap parts from FAST racing and it offers piece of mind.

All I ask in return, is that you brief us on your converstion with Jeff!

The O-rings keep the bearings from spinning.... but an o-ring won't stop a crankshaft from walking sideways. I've got a hotrods 58mm stroke 115 rod crank and it still has the groove on the PTO side bearing for the c-clip. I suggest a full c-clip over the half c-clip that yamaha uses... especially if you're running the stock helical primary gears.