Oregon dunes worth a shit?

dave5.0

So I might be doin some duning in Oregon in the future. I just went to St Anthony's and that places awesome. How do all the dunes in Oregon compare? Any big hills? Are the dunes anywhere as big as far as acreage? It's pretty desolate at st ants during the week, it like that in Oregon too? Tell me what u know. Thanks.

I've google mapped em but it's still hard to tell how big they are. Looks like they are all right on the coast on a long finger section of land? Have to come from the north to get to em? St Anthony is around 15 miles long and atleast a mile wide with 5-600' hills. This stuff that sucks isn't anywhere that big is it?

Dave I have been to Idaho but Oregon is where I ride all the time. The Oregon dunes are nothing like the dunes in Idaho. No they are not as big but they are plenty big. They offer such different riding than you can get anywhere else. I enjoyed Idaho and hope to go back some day but I still say that the Oregon dunes are more fun than Idaho was. You will not find the tree shots and technical riding we have on the Oregon dunes in Idaho. So to answer your question no they are not worth a shit as Sandman said stay in Idaho :jesterlaugh: Yes it is worth the trip everyone that I know who has made the trip from out of state has always came back several times.

Thanks builder that's the info I'm looking for. Somebody whos been to both. I don't much care for how remote the dunes are here. Riding is awesome but the size makes it a pita to get to the big stuff without means of extra fuel. I'm guessing that's not really an issue with any of your stuff over there?

No the Dunes here are not like that at all. When you are in Idaho you feel like you are out in the desert in the middle of nowhere I thought even more so than Glamis. Oregon dunes are nothing like that. The only place here you even stand the chance of burning up a tank of fuel is Coos Bay. Florence and Winchester you have no issues running the entire dunes on one tank and parts are just right up the road if you have issues.

That's cool thanks man. Looks like the chances of me moving to the Portland area in the next 6 months or so is pretty good. Half the reason I came to Idaho was the riding so I don't wanna screw myself by moving and not have the same opportunity.

Dave you move to Portland and you will only be 2 and a half to 3 hours away from riding the larger dunes here in Oregon and only 2 hours from sand lake which is very small but still dunes. Also I think you will find many more people that ride here than where you are in Idaho. I grew up over there and still have lots of friends in your area and not much for sand riders around there.

What about trail and mountain riding over there? Any of that like there is in Idaho?

LOL Sandman is trying to tell you to stay the hell in Idaho I think.

That kind of riding is a little harder to come by in this area. There is some but not like over there. Browns camp in not far from Portland and there is all kind of trails stuff to ride there you can ride trails for days there.

They close the mountains during summer all the time here, so if you want to ride in the mountains your stuck in the rainy months.Then hunting season starts & drunk hunters go to the riding areas & look for deer there, you ride by on your quad & feel like your going to be gunned down. I am actually begging my wife to move to idaho for the dunes there! I rode st. Anthony's once & fell in love, I want to be able to ride there all the time.