Modquad Domes- Spark Plugs Super Tight

Doddy

So I just put my new Modquad head on yesterday and I was trying to put the spark plugs in and it was extremely tight. I was wrenching pretty hard to get the plugs to tighten all the way down. I know I was putting at least 50 ftlbs of torque to thread these fuckers in and that just doesn't seem right to me. No I didn't cross thread them and it was on both sides, not just one.

And before I get any questions about using the right plugs they are NGK B8ES plugs, and they were brand new out of the box.

Has anyone else had issues with these domes before? I just don't want to fuck up anything on a fresh rebuild.

Yeah they are brand new, and I put them in and took them out like three times. I'm going to have to do it a couple more times when I get home tonight so I can do a compression test prior to starting her up.

Super tight to keep them from backing out? That's fucking retarded, I feel like I am having to torque them down way to tight.

Yeah they are brand new, and I put them in and took them out like three times. I'm going to have to do it a couple more times when I get home tonight so I can do a compression test prior to starting her up.

Super tight to keep them from backing out? That's fucking retarded, I feel like I am having to torque them down way to tight.

Mine was like that with my new chariot head. After a few plug changes they were good to go.

You are torqueing them too tight. Chase the threads before you mess them up

What do you mean "Chase" the threads? You mean run a tap through them?

If I have to tap the thread I need to pull the head back off. Can I re-use the O-rings that I have in there (the bike has not been fired up yet) or are they pretty much shot after being torqued down the first time?