are my carbs open 100%?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to mod your throttle assembly.. i have 39 PWKs and get them to open all the way. 35's are easier.

I already fucked with the throttle. That's not the problem now. I can take the cable on the top of the Carb and pull it up and that's as far as it goes. I'm thinking maybe the screw tops are down in to far or maybe there's something wrong with my insides

I already fucked with the throttle. That's not the problem now. I can take the cable on the top of the Carb and pull it up and that's as far as it goes. I'm thinking maybe the screw tops are down in to far or maybe there's something wrong with my insides

HOW did you mod it? Sometimes you have to find an " inbetween ground" so-to-speak between the adjustments between the carb tops and the main cable up by the throttle assembly. I prefer to mod my throttle assembly where it has more travel in BOTH directions (not just pushing it forward) so it will still have cable slack. You also need to check the splitter area and make sure you are using ALL the travel it has available.

The problem is not with the cable for the throttle. It's a problem inside the carb not letting the slides go all the way up.

ran out and took a filter off mine real quick and i cannot see any part of the slide at full throttle. 35 pwk carbs with adjusters from jeff at fast.

I also have the extended Carb tops and easy springs from FAST

im having a hard time gettin mine open all the way too, i have the easy springs from fast but they are smaller in diameter, how did you get them to fit the little white piece that goes inside the spring??

Edited by mike0chek

im having a hard time gettin mine open all the way too, i have the easy springs from fast but they are smaller in diameter, how did you get them to fit the little white piece that goes inside the spring??

I have 35s,cap exstended adjusters and soft springs from fast to,my slides open all the way,and the soft spring you have to unwind and strecth the spring alittle to fit over the cable slide keeper"little plastic piece" i have the bigger carb cable,35s are the smallest carbs it will fit,but i also run a chariot billet throttle and it has 4 or 5 different adjustments on it as well.

I have 35s,cap exstended adjusters and soft springs from fast to,my slides open all the way,and the soft spring you have to unwind and strecth the spring alittle to fit over the cable slide keeper"little plastic piece" i have the bigger carb cable,35s are the smallest carbs it will fit,but i also run a chariot billet throttle and it has 4 or 5 different adjustments on it as well.

awsome thanks! ya i have the bigger tops and extended throttle too so this should work good :cheers:

I have yet to fuck with mine again but ill keep you posted if unscrewing the adjustments let the slide go all the way up

my springs that are in now are binding up for sure, the slides are opening about the same as your pics you posted, ill put the fast springs in tomorrow and see what happens

nutty post up some pics of you 100% open carbs