+4* adjustable plates, where do I line the marks with?

so I got a timing plate and put it on, I matched it to the casting line on the block because it was the only line I could find? is that correct?

7d20d3de.jpg?t=1344053895

couldn't find pix or actual directions anywhere that specified that and the search was giving me bs about how I was searching...

thanks for any help, wanna rip it up the road to see if it makes a diff lol

sweet, thanks, didn't wanna start it up and it was at like +7* LOL, thanks for the quick response!

gonna give it a try soon as I can escape my lil one and put the cover and crap back on... 6:30pm so I got like an hour max of sunlight left...

other mods are FMF SSTs and aluminum adapter with UNI filter and no lid, not sure on the jets I bought the bike modded, will see if it pulls 6th uphill now, it has a giant front sprocket so even at 135#s up a mild hill on the street it doesn't like to pull 6th for me LOL.

Edited by hawaiianbasshead

What company timing plate did you go with?

um, east coast atv on ebay was like $35 shipped airmail to HI, my CC is maxed and it was all I had in ebay. otherwise a site sponsor would've been my 1st choice to go. I'm sure it would've came with support/instructions for install :(

it also was tapped/threaded from the front side so the wire clamps are a pita to get in. it does not come with screws either and I basically had to drill out my stock small screws so I got new stainless ones from ace hardware

chariot is on my list for a high flow impeller kit, not sure where to get engine ice locally but I think the shee running cooler would also help the crisp feel of it not sure...

also I have alot of breakup when I try to get into 6th so I think it's jetting and I need to check it, even once I try to downshift back it seems like it's boggy in low rpms so maybe just needle settings but mains could be off too :( gotta check the plugs and see how they look. I don't have a jet kit yet as I bought the bike used so that sucks.

um, east coast atv on ebay was like $35 shipped airmail to HI, my CC is maxed and it was all I had in ebay. otherwise a site sponsor would've been my 1st choice to go. I'm sure it would've came with support/instructions for install :(

it also was tapped/threaded from the front side so the wire clamps are a pita to get in. it does not come with screws either and I basically had to drill out my stock small screws so I got new stainless ones from ace hardware

chariot is on my list for a high flow impeller kit, not sure where to get engine ice locally but I think the shee running cooler would also help the crisp feel of it not sure...

also I have alot of breakup when I try to get into 6th so I think it's jetting and I need to check it, even once I try to downshift back it seems like it's boggy in low rpms so maybe just needle settings but mains could be off too :( gotta check the plugs and see how they look. I don't have a jet kit yet as I bought the bike used so that sucks.

East coast Atv is a site sponser .. Not sure about the instructions thou mine did not come with either but as you said there is only one place to line it up at so that's got to be it.

East coast Atv is a site sponser .. Not sure about the instructions thou mine did not come with either but as you said there is only one place to line it up at so that's got to be it.

well shit, good deal then! I supported them before I even got my banshee so I'm out to a great start here on bansheehq LMFAO

my concerns with it were nominal at best. just need to be careful putting the screws that hold the wire clips in. other than that it worked fine and besides no directions/installation instructions I have no complaints! but for the price hard to say. maybe a link to a short vid online would be nice or piece of paper with a pic showing where to line up your new timing mark... everything is pretty self explanatory tho

really wanna try to dial my jets in better now tho and get some engine ice and a giant billet impeller see if the temp is down it's got a little more crisp of a feel and jetting it on point will ensure longer lasting motor and optimal power