Got fuc*** over

So i wanted to know if anyone has had a similar experience. I had 2001 CR250 posted it for trade for quad. got a call from a guy saying he had a 2003 banshee 350 . He showed up with the quad and it had some trouble shifting into gears. He told me that the shift lever was causing it. Long story short took the trade. 2 days later i take it to have looked over and the guys say the case has to be cracked. $1000 to repair . and he kept saying it was a 97 so i looked into it. And sure enough it was a 97 not 03 and the guy made up fake VIN number. Is there any way to get my bike back or am i screwed??

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i wanted to know if anyone has had a similar experience. I had 2001 CR250 posted it for trade for quad. got a call from a guy saying he had a 2003 banshee 350 . He showed up with the quad and it had some trouble shifting into gears. He told me that the shift lever was causing it. Long story short took the trade. 2 days later i take it to have looked over and the guys say the case has to be cracked. $1000 to repair . and he kept saying it was a 97 so i looked into it. And sure enough it was a 97 not 03 and the guy made up fake VIN number. Is there any way to get my bike back or am i screwed??

Oh and i called the guy he said if i wanna give him $800 for new parts he put on the bike.

im sorry to say but you are more then likely screwed. Its highly unlikely that you will ever get in contact with him agian. Was there any bill of sale or warranty or something close

not at all. buy a set of used cases. its like 200 bones do some reading and maybe a clymers manual. as for the 97-03 bs it dosnt matter. atv arnt cars, the banshee was made for 30 years with very minor differences. where did u take it to "get looked at" a yamaha dealer?

lol

not at all. buy a set of used cases. its like 200 bones do some reading and maybe a clymers manual. as for the 97-03 bs it dosnt matter. atv arnt cars, the banshee was made for 30 years with very minor differences. where did u take it to "get looked at" a yamaha dealer?

lol

Yea it was a yamaha dealer. they said they could tell just by the red and white plastics . then i looked up the vin number and it showed it was 97.

Yeah that 1000 dollar quote is their insanely inflated labor fees. Depending on what exactly is the issue it can be fixed for little to nothing.

I would contact the police though and speak with them about it and see what they say. May or may not being to stick this guy for lying about condition and year. Tell him to fuck himself for the 800 he put into it, say take it off and replace it with what was on there, or consider it payment for my wasted time.

Yea your kinda hosed but like someone else said buy a set of cases, not a motor, just empty cases and swap all your internal motor parts over to it.

The VIN is on the left side of the frame under the shifter, the color of plastics don't make a shit of difference, plastics are swapped more than hookers at a Raven's party.

Look at the VIN, if it's there, if it's not there then you MIGHT have some recourse with him and the police but the only way I truly know anyone can be held liable is if they falsify a title, does your state not require a title. If it does you might be better off not involving the police cause you might end up in trouble too, just a thought.

Anyway, like someone said there are hardly any differences in Banshees through all the years except for the early J armed units and the units that came with brakes lights the last few years but the motors are the same.

Good Luck

If you have a 1000 bill from a stealership then it prob just needs a shift shaft.

I pulled the clutch cover off an was about to kinda see the shift star. I dont have the special tool to get the nut off the clutch basket. It looks like it is a high gear. When i press up it feels like it its rock solid. when you press down it goes like half way only and wont shift. when i pull the shift shaft away from the star you are able to move it up and down pretty good. would that mean its something in the tranny ??

Yea your kinda hosed but like someone else said buy a set of cases, not a motor, just empty cases and swap all your internal motor parts over to it.

The VIN is on the left side of the frame under the shifter, the color of plastics don't make a shit of difference, plastics are swapped more than hookers at a Raven's party.

Look at the VIN, if it's there, if it's not there then you MIGHT have some recourse with him and the police but the only way I truly know anyone can be held liable is if they falsify a title, does your state not require a title. If it does you might be better off not involving the police cause you might end up in trouble too, just a thought.

Anyway, like someone said there are hardly any differences in Banshees through all the years except for the early J armed units and the units that came with brakes lights the last few years but the motors are the same.

Good Luck

Yea i looked at the vin number under the shifter. it shows that its a 97. but my problem is not that its older then my bike.. my problem is that he lied about the year and that he put a false VIN number on the bill of sale . then lied about what was wrong with it. I live in cranbrook Canada. I am not sure how it works here ... still waiting for the police to call me back. they are totally useless when you need them... but there the first ones there when you dont need them haha

You said they said "the cases HAVE to be cracked",Did they show you a crack or break .So are they really cracked,and if so are they cracked in a way that makes them garbage?

Sheesh bad shifting could be as simple as an adjustment or two.

Ive seen all kinds of cases with little breaks that can be used.

Edited by Burt Reynolds

I pulled the clutch cover off an was about to kinda see the shift star. I dont have the special tool to get the nut off the clutch basket. It looks like it is a high gear. When i press up it feels like it its rock solid. when you press down it goes like half way only and wont shift. when i pull the shift shaft away from the star you are able to move it up and down pretty good. would that mean its something in the tranny ??

SPECIAL TOOL?u mean a 32mm socket? what the guy did was fraud. the yr wise value really means nothing here in the states, it could be 03 junk, or 97 junk.

Yea i looked at the vin number under the shifter. it shows that its a 97. but my problem is not that its older then my bike.. my problem is that he lied about the year and that he put a false VIN number on the bill of sale . then lied about what was wrong with it. I live in cranbrook Canada. I am not sure how it works here ... still waiting for the police to call me back. they are totally useless when you need them... but there the first ones there when you dont need them haha

They are like that everywhere.