Problem with flywheel/puller?

Hi guys,

Im trying to take my flywheel off with a puller i bought. The threads seem to be clean on both the puller and flywheel

but Im having a hard time screwing it into the flywheel. Should I force it on using an impact? I have no way of transporting it to a shop.

I also am turning it counter clockwise on the flywheel

Any advice is appreciated Thanks

Its going to be pretty tight on there depending how long its been on there and if ever it has been taken off.

the outer part (of the puller) does not need to be extremely tight....just make sure you have enough thread in there. Once that is done tighten the middle part relativelly tight and knock the flywheel all around with a rubber mallet...tighten the center bolt as you go along. it will take some force on the middle bolt to release the flywheel.

Thanks,

Mark

Edited by steel_bomb

if u use an impact u will definitly ruin a puller, one of 2 things, the threads on the puller, or the flywheel are buggered. i keep old pullers around for just such problems. if u cant thread the puller in. weld the puller to the flywheel.