How Do I make My banshee faster

I just bought this banshee, its a 97 on fmf gold series pipes, the head is stock and the its had tors removal and the addition of idle screws to the original mikunis. Whats the next step to making it faster before changing the head and engine, now I know I can get different carbs for it. but getting race ready carbs, will that effect my bike because the engine is stock? I just finished coming back from pismo beach, the bike rips.. but like eveybody else, I want the little extra edge around the people im riding with.

First off, what use/uses is this bike going to see?

I agree with some of the above post. Timing advance will help you make a little more torque. But don't buy a boost bottle.

Pipes and portwork are your two biggest bang for your buck mods. Carbs and reeds are more supporting mods than power building mods, the stock carbs are capable of supporting more power than an unported stock cylinder motor will make. Your current pipes may be great depending on your riding environment, however there are pipes that will make more power and respond better to modifications if you plan to use it for aggressive duning or drag racing of some type.

Ya like the above said; it really depends on where and what riding you are doing. I found a banshee with a aftermarket filter, and pipes was enough power for the moment. So i went with spending all my money ( thousands) on suspension. I ride mostly trails, as well as some mx on the side. But if your doing mostly dune riding, fuck suspension and do a 4 mill with a port job.

Start with the timig plate, you cant get a better mod for as cheap as you spend

Edited by 06BCBANSHEE

Its a timing plate, not a belt. It is very easy to install. It will really wake up the motor. After that your just gonna want more(. Like i do) you will be really happy with it tho. Boost bottle was sarcasm, mine had one, when i purchased it, and that was the firt thing to go. What riding do you?

Its a timing plate, not a belt. It is very easy to install. It will really wake up the motor. After that your just gonna want more(. Like i do) you will be really happy with it tho. Boost bottle was sarcasm, mine had one, when i purchased it, and that was the firt thing to go. What riding do you?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Banshee-YFZ-350-Adj-Timing-Plate-10-/251057736783?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a74350c4f&vxp=mtr

I looked this up on ebay.. is it this or something else?

Well then def start with the timing plate. After that break out your wallet and call 1 of the sponsors. A grand could get you smoking those yfz's no problem. Timing plate is simple, your gonna need a flwheel puller, and thats about it. There is prob a weite up on it here. Takes 15 mins to do.