Should i trade my 05 Predator for this Banshee?

Ive been trying to sell my 05 TLD predator 500 or trade it for a banshee for about a month now the predator runs strong very quick nice riding bike with a full yoshi pipe and full custom intake and jetted. I originally bought it for 2300 it was listed for 2500 talked him down some... and a few months went by and the banshee fever hit me and now im trying to sell the predator for 2500 best as i can but 2300 is as low as ill go since i put a little bit of money into it.

I ran into a guy who is interested in trading but its a 1990 <_< and i was going to try and get something a little newer that would maybe be in better shape...and it having j arms doesnt help either this wont be a drag bike more of an XC bike but it has LRD pipes and an old powdercoating job and good rims and such the front shocks dont look factory im not sure, guy said it runs great just looking for something new like i am, the current owner had it for about a year and the guy he bought it from had it since 91 and hes the one who did the work, the only thing the current owner has done was just put new chain and sprockets on it hes not sure whats going on internally heres his bike bansheee.jpgbanshee2.jpg and then here is mine 563880_321657341261593_2017393002_n.jpg541378_321719987921995_1709220563_n.jpg8045_321657261261601_1685314780_n.jpg311551_321720317921962_1885132912_n.jpg This pic was before i oiled the filter and before i welded the plastics. He lives 65 miles away and im debating on even going down there to look at it because im not sure if its gonna be worth it honestly...and if i go down there and look at it im going to get all excited over it even if its kinda shabby haha...any suggestions would be great, should i hold out and see if the predator sells or more trade offers come my way? thanks guys sorry for the novel. My Bike does have a grab bar btw i just had it off to reweld it.

Edited by ATVRidinManiac

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on what you're looking for man. I'd make the trade if the banshee's motor checked out and all seemed tight with the bearings/bushings. But I have ridden predators and I would never own one over my banshee.

You probably could get a newer and or nicer banshee for the pred as it's a pretty clean looking bike but the issue would be finding someone who wants a predator over their nice clean banshee. May be a rare find to run across that deal.

Yea the predators are kind of underestimated imo like the above guy states he thinks there junk which really isnt true there just kind of odd ball atv being a 500 with a different riding stance and everything there actually reliable as hell there just like a blacksheep atv lol, the bike has gobs of power its actually surprising ive ridden with 2 guys with a yfz and 450r and it stays with them there bikes just barely pull away on the road but there both cammed also. I actually do like the bike i just really want a banshee, ive had people interested in it there was 3 guys who wanted to trade for a bike like mine but they already got rid of there bikes by the time i saw the posting, i just want a 2 stroke again and i love the old yamahas and there riding stance and simplicity.

i worked for polaris and i have one outside in the shop. you want me to tell you how man i have rebuilt or how many times i have told customers they need 2-3k in repairs? they are junk. the a arm bushings are junk, the tie rods are junk, the ball joints are junk, the compression relief setups are junk, the oiling system is junk and on and on and on

the whole bike is a abortion just like 90% of every other quad polaris has made

Haha i worked for a yamaha and suzuki shop i could almost say the same about alot of the yamahas and suzukis, alot of polaris is junk but definitely not all, if you worked for yamaha you might say the same about them as well lol, the predator has a few dumbass little things with it but overall there not too bad, i kinda took a chance buying it because i didnt know shit about them wish i didnt now and just took my time...piss

Haha i worked for a yamaha and suzuki shop i could almost say the same about alot of the yamahas and suzukis, alot of polaris is junk but definitely not all, if you worked for yamaha you might say the same about them as well lol, the predator has a few dumbass little things with it but overall there not too bad, i kinda took a chance buying it because i didnt know shit about them wish i didnt now and just took my time...piss

i have worked for yamaha. several weekends over many years. call ardmore honda/yamaha and ask for denis. they send me work on bikes older than 10 years. yamaha has released bikes with flaws and later corrected them. polaris just keeps sending the junk out the door.

your call.... i aint saying a banshee is the best, but polaris is by far not. there is nothing about a banshee improved since 89 must be a reason for that. how long did they make the predator? do they even sell the improved design the outlaw anymore?

Yea im not sure i dont keep track of polaris, i know the outlaws are a nice bike maybe not reliability though, im just not sure about the unknown internal work on that banshee and the fact of it having j-arms two biggest things for me, j arms i wouldnt imagine would hold up for mild little jumps and rough trails like an a-arm would, i might just bring a compression gauge with me and see what its at to at least have an idea of how it is inside the engine whether or not it needs rebuilt soon.

Edited by ATVRidinManiac

Yea idno i can see my ending up selling it for less then what i want but, i just might have to, i just dont want an older banshee due to alot of stuff being worn out and common age on a bike, id feel more comfortable on a late 90s 2000s but it all depends on the previous owners i guess.

Yea idno i can see my ending up selling it for less then what i want but, i just might have to, i just dont want an older banshee due to alot of stuff being worn out and common age on a bike, id feel more comfortable on a late 90s 2000s but it all depends on the previous owners i guess.

i would wait