421 cub pwk39s jetting help

I need some help jetting my 4mill cub,just came back from pismo and wasn't to happy..I have a hesitation when I launch at the drags,almost as if it wants to die off for a second or two, but then it gets going pretty good.it also hesitates to shift gear just for that gear.after that it gets it through all gears...I have read a lot of info on jetting but don't have much experience,my question is what circuit may need attention if not all? What are u guys running for Ur jets on pwk39... My set up is 421 cub 21cc domes 4 mill crank pwk39 on vp110 at sea level..shears oof..current jetting 167mains and 67pilots not sure on the needle position ,bike idles good and rides fine except when i launch??

I know that when banshees are not tuned right the shifting can also b weird.

I beleave that's what's confusing me,would that b the mains since I'm at wot?even though my speed hasn't picked up?

Any info would b great , thanks in advance

Yes lock up,override,,,what pilot are you running? Also where do u ride?

I've got a slingshot lockup. I think I've got it too tight and it bogs because I think I've been dumping it out of the hole instead of feathering it. It runs like a raped ape after it gets going. It's jetted somewhat for little Sahara, OK. I'll have to look at the carbs to tell u exactly where it is though. You'll prob have it figured out before that. Haha

I'm at sea level,I live in los Angeles,ride in dumont and pismo mostly,while we were at pismo we threw in my buddies pwk35s on meth to check if it was the tunning that was causing this prob..we knew he's 35s are dialed in...bike ran awesome...thanks for all the help guys at this point I'm leaning towards my pilots...

• 2 weeks later...