cp industries

cool for sure but man.......... they got to be getting low on the cat related names?puma,cheetah,serval,cr liger,sphynx . although ive never heard off a wompas??:confused: meooowwww

edit === i did a search and came up with this for wompas http://americanfolkl...wampus_cat.html

Edited by shakar

Obiously these belong to something. No one knows? Anyone ever see one? Ive been planing my next motor and wanted to do something stupid. Ive always dream of a twin sabertooth......... i dont have any intension of building one anytime soon but i wanna get the scoop.

Obiously these belong to something. No one knows? Anyone ever see one? Ive been planing my next motor and wanted to do something stupid. Ive always dream of a twin sabertooth......... i dont have any intension of building one anytime soon but i wanna get the scoop.

A twin Saber would be a Scimitar. The piston is the same. That is not a motor you'd want to build for anything other than a 100+ wheelbase drag frame. And yes, it's on spreadbore Mattoon Cases. Not sure why its monoblock instead of separate cylinders, though. Maybe due to the transfer area on the monoblock, not sure.

The saber was originaly meant for a Honda setup. However there have been a few twin Sabers built on Mattoon cases but I dont remember if they ended up scimitar/mxz spread of 129 or Caracal spread of 150, but either way they it was wider than the 120 of a Cougar/sniper cyld but I think they were 129. Most of the Scimitars that are out running around are a bit bigger than what CP actually shows on their site. In reality CP will make damn near any cyld a custom bore/stroke/rod that you or your builder would want provided the platform fits into the cyld your trying to use. With a twin saber you would (or could) end up with the same CC a scimitar however the scimitar is a mono cast cyld where the sabers are singles (although Ive seen mono and single versions of other cylds as well so that might not apply either) and some hardware/accs differences. I for one would go with a scimitar before a twin saber simly because there is more knowledge around about the scimitar. As for why no triple on the CP site? Not really sure. Calvin does update here and there but I suppose reality is that if someone is going to jump into the triple or quad cyld motors chances are they arent going to try and purchase it directly off the net, or base their build by what they see on a computer screen. Probably the same reason he doesnt list every bore/stroke combo possibilities on the huge stuff. Most of that stuff is decided between the owner and he builder. I will tell you that desire and money are only the tip of the iceberg of what it takes to build/run/maintain a motor of the size you are talking...