Starting Issues also.....

Hey guys...looking for some tips here. I went to start my banshee as we are getting ready to head to Coos Bay this weekend. I'll give you a little background of the last trip.

The bike randomly wouldn't start for me in the last day of the last dune trip. I was able to ride but had to pull start it every time. I ordered a new stator thinking that may be the issue. I procrastinated and didn't install it until today. The last trip was in the fall. After putting the new stator in today the bike would still not fire. It is popping like it wants to start but then will not start. We tried to pull-start it (worked last ride) but not even close to starting...not even a pop. I'm getting spark at the head....gas to the carbs. Other than that I'm not sure what I should check next. I do have two other running banshees in the garage. I'm thinking I should swap out the coil or cdi next. The carbs are pretty old, so maybe that is the issue.

I can't wrap my mind around why it wouldn't pull start like it did when I rode it into the trailer to end the last trip. I'm running out of time and should of already had this thing in the trailer ready to leave on Thursday. banghead

Any tips are much appreciated.

Thanks.

Clean carbs!! I bet its a fuel issue!! My money is on needle and seat is siezed!! Or the pilots are blocked!!

I'm going to start with that tonight. I't really seems like a gas issue to me as well but you never know with these things! Banshee's are a love/hate relationship and right now it's a lot of hate! banghead I'll post results after I get done working on it tonight. Thanks for the input guys!

At the least you can put your finger over the spark plug hole and kick it to see if both sides have some compression. Just the fact that it had to be pull started sound like a compression issue. If its real cold natured and hasn't been started in forever (and theirs no mechanical/electrical failure) you can spray some carb cleaner on the filter and give it a kick and it'll fire right up.