Shearer or sniper pipes

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 535 cheetah and was wondering if anyone has used the sniper pipes from passion racing. I like my Shearers but have been wondering about the sniper pipes. Any input would be great.

I've ran both on a 421 cub. Simply put they are both great pipes. However I did like the power delivery of the Snipers. They were smoother and came on a lot harder and kept that power longer. The down side of the Snipers is the price. But if you are fine with the price I say get the Snipers you wont be disappointed. Plus they sound bad ass :)

• 1 month later...

Just spent all the time to read 50 pages of this. And my $.02 is I had shearer inframs and cpi's both on a 10mil k&t motor. Very interesting Point I have. On the dyno the sniper came in earlier and signed off later. It did make a little more power over all. And it did fit the bike and clear my 18in filters and 41.3 lectrons... My complaint is one I havnt seen yet. The exhaust is so big that sitting normally (cruising) my legs almost touch the exhaust

Dyno sheets or gtfo...

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have anything to prove to any one. Just figured someone might be interested in my small amount of info. Idc if you believe it or not

But you do have to prove it, you claimed you dyno'd your bike and it made more power everywhere and came on sooner and signed off later. That's AWESOME! I'm sure we all would love to own a set of pipes that really does this over Shearers. But the truth is you can't back these claims because they are not real. I'm sorry you paid $700+ for your good fit & finish and no performance. If you would be so kind as to teach/prove me wrong then please post these awesome results you have in the dyno. Should be easy enough to get.

Why not call Jim. He let me use a set before I purchased any. And met me at the dyno with them and helped me swap all the pipes around. Just because they helped me doesn't mean it'll help you. I never made an outrages claim of 15hp gain. Was there a gain, yea. Huge. No. Shearers are on the bike now fwiw.

Why do you have Sheaers on the bike now if the Snipers made more power over the entire curve? That makes zero sense to me