COMPLETE PART OUT - 06 Black LE

Alright. So, I have an 06 with not a lot of hours at all, maybe 10 or 15. Bike is stock except I pulled the stock jugs, pistons, carbs, intake and set it aside in a box and replaced them with passion ported cylinders, vforce reeds and a pair of 33mm carbs. Carbs have since been sold.

There's a crank bearing that seems to be going out. I'm not 100%, need to take a better look but there might be a slight scar on the cylinder wall and there was for sure some heat on the piston. With this little amount of hours, i'm not sure what happened but the bike has mostly sat for awhile. I recently changed the oil and everything and went to get it started (for a sale) and there was crank noise. Tore top end down and saw some piston heat and scoring. I'm guessing something happened with lube to it. So, rather than screw with it, I've decided to do a complete part out.

I'll get an inventory list going here in the next day or so. Frame, headlights, bolt hardware and harness may be spoken for. Pipes and aftermarket carbs are gone. Still have stock carbs and possibly a 38mm 2-1 carb w/ oversize bowl setup. Other than that, everything else is up for grabs. So, if there's something you need specifically, let me know and hopefully I can get straight to that part and get it to you.

Here is a quick picture I have of the bike before I pulled the top end. These wheels are not part of it, they're honda. It has the stock black rear wheels and tires that match the front. I also have some HardKor hubs that fit Yamaha and are Honda pattern. Not sure yet if I'm selling but I'll think about it, they're expensive and hard to buy back.

563015_3356697389136_141132099_n.jpg

Edited by sredish

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really interested for the bottom end!

How much?

I tried to PM'ed you but its not working...

Thanks

Jp

sent you a PM.

Id like a shot at the plastics and the frame, if the other buyers fall thru.

Also handlebars.

Thanks

Sent you one as well.

Edited by sredish