Flat black shee

MDalton

They are pointing out that shock cover rub on the springs removing the powder coat.

I think protecting the rod is important but really don't know if they really protect from on coming dirt. Or that on coming dirt really cause pitting in the rod and wearing seals faster.

I forgot about this thread. Yes, shock covers trap all kinds of shit inside the shocks. Moisture and dirt being the two biggest enemies. They also rub all the powdercoat off of the springs, causing the springs to rust, and eventually break. I see it all the time.

The key to keeping your shocks lasting long, is to keep them clean. After you're done riding, clean the shocks. While you're riding, the shocks have a special seal on the outside of the seal head called a "wiper". It's ONLY job is to keep shit out of the shock.

A good way to tell if something like those are complete bullshit, is go look at race vehicles or buggies, and see if they run them. If you don't see shock covers on race vehicles, don't run them.

Not bad looking man! I DO like the flat black look... might not be a bad idea to ditch the blue shit, and throw in some shiny shit just to contrast, if you need a "cheaper route (since i know how expensive billet parts get) get some mothers polish and some good ol elbow grease and shine that fucker up!biggrin.gif