Taiwan strikes again

I have Craftsman and Snap-on tools, Craftsman for home use and Snap-on at my job. I have rounded a bolt head with a craftsman wrench, then grabbed a Snap-on wrench and took that same bolt loose. Snap-on to me seem's to have better fitting wrenches and sockets. I have noticed the newer Snap-on stuff seem's weaker, most of my tools are 15 to 20 years old and still working good. Seem's all the big companies these days are looking at cutting cost by going oversea's....unfortunately the quality goes down too. banghead

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Craftsman and Snap-on tools, Craftsman for home use and Snap-on at my job. I have rounded a bolt head with a craftsman wrench, then grabbed a Snap-on wrench and took that same bolt loose. Snap-on to me seem's to have better fitting wrenches and sockets. I have noticed the newer Snap-on stuff seem's weaker, most of my tools are 15 to 20 years old and still working good. Seem's all the big companies these days are looking at cutting cost by going oversea's....unfortunately the quality goes down too. banghead

this sounds legit to me, the older tools are prob bullet proof to get us buying it, but now like you said they cut the cost and make cheap junk!

x2

when you work with them every day snapon is worth the money. if I break one a phone call and a new one is usually to me within a couple of hrs.