CDI/Rev Box

I lost spark and am now failry sure it is the CDI. I see no visible broken/rubbed wires, I tested pickup/primary coil resistance (good), on the socondary coil I get OK ready across primary, but across plug boots it reads open. I also checked my buddies running machine and it read open across boots as well. I doubt both boots went bad, and it seems if one went bad it should at least kick/run on one cylinder. I read on here that it is rare for only one side of coil to go bad, so I am doubting that is the issue. TORS is disconnected already. Like I said I am leaning towards CDI. Are these any good?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CDI-ECU-Ignition-Black-Rev-Box-Yamaha-Banshee-350-1995-1996-/380377017437?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item58903cac5d&vxp=mtr

I like the fact it is adjustable because I use Nitrous, so when I don't want to run it I can turn it up and when im on the bottle, I can turn it down?

Any experience? For less that the price of one OEM I can buy two of these (one to run, one for spare, lol).

Thanks

I asked about these too not long ago.

a buddy bought a ltz400 and had boxes of extra stuff and had one of these in it and he gave it to me.

DK if the guy meant to put it in but he had 3 bad ass banshees.

This ones new in the box and is made by procomp i plugged it in and it ran so idk but i kept it as a spare.

I wonder if the advanced settings work?

Mine has 0-9 with a max advance of +5 with all different rpm ranges.

I would stay with an OEM box- a used OEM is better than most new aftermarket units. I bought a Ricks Electrics box( not Ricky Stator) on a trip to St Anthonys because it was all I could get. It lasted for the 4 remaining days I was there. We came home and the bike sat for 2 months and then we went on a day trip, the bike would not start when I unloaded it. We towed it and got it going. As long as it was warm it would start but as the day progressed it got worse. After sitting around the campfire in the evening, it would not even tow start. Ricks did warranty it after a major hassle and I do carry it as a spare, but I am back to running OEM. The only non OEM box that I have not heard bad things about is the Dyna FS.