minor crank leak on stator side

That's why I was asking to get some advice... anyhow the reason I asked is because the crank seals are brand new and not leaking at the case their leas king around the crank itself. And again the reason I asked because if I take it apart it will probably leak there again due to the fact that its a brand new seal...

That's why I was asking to get some advice... anyhow the reason I asked is because the crank seals are brand new and not leaking at the case their leas king around the crank itself. And again the reason I asked because if I take it apart it will probably leak there again due to the fact that its a brand new seal...

Did you put any kinda lube on the crank shaft where the seal goes? if not then you should definately put some on there. The seal will probably do better during and after the leak down test.

I lose less than a half pound in 6 minutes. Its coming from a brand new crank seal.... I really don't wanna have to crack the case again and reseal it for such a minor leak.... is there an acceptable amount of loss or what?

UNACCEPTABLE banghead