Plugs

How do these look, the dark one is on the right side cylinder if your sitting on bike. Right side looks just about perfect.

The left side has white spots on the sides of the electrode, but the top isnt white.

What do you guys think?

Its 77 degrees out and 57% humidity, would this play into it at all?

These are newer plugs, less than 10 minutes of run time on them.

Left plug from left cylinder

resampled20120611124752.jpg

resampled20120611124729.jpg

Left Plug

resampled20120611121723.jpg

Left

resampled20120611121524.jpg

Left

resampled20120611121507.jpg

Plugs have only been in there maybe 5-8 minutes of ride time.

Did a WOT run, shut down and checked plugs and they are both that white/really light cinnamon color.

Probably going to have to go up a size in the main correct?

You can do a plug chop like that but not really read the thread base and electrode. I like to ride around WFO for an hour and then check. Different surfaces will affect the plug reading too. I can ride around home in the dirt with it jetted rich but as soon as I get it in the sand where it really loads the engine it will kill the plugs fairly quickly.

So, ive just put it in the shed after doing the wot run 1-6, should i chop those plugs and see how the ring at the base is?

Or should i ride the shit out of it for half hour or so and then check plugs?

I just dont want to melt a piston running lean. It was about 76 degrees and 50% humidity when i ran it. It feels like it runs strong, doesnt miss, pop, backfire or anything....1/4,1/2 or full throttle. Runs great i think.

Ive always thought the plugs should be rusty brown color on the electrode......but this is a light tan color, like a coffee with alot of creamer in it.

thanks for your help fella's, i really do appreciate it.

FIrst of all what kind of fuel are you running? U deffinitly need to check fora vacume leak as the plugs are very different from left to right. But keep in mind if you are running pump fuel with 10% ethanol they will burn clean like that and look new if its burning a tick lean. if you are looking for 100% performance. you want to have the plugs looking more cleaner then black

Edited by EvilBanshee

Take it out and whip its ass. Thats not enough ride time to read the end.

I agree, you need more time. If there is a chance that you are to lean due to recent changes or new build, then go 2-3 sizes up on the main until you have some time on the plugs, they wont show for you until they have time on them.

resampled20120612185539.jpg

Did a WOT run and chop last night. Both plugs identical. Have a good ring at base of the chop, looks good to me.

The pics in the original post were not from a WOT run, they were from 1/4-1/2 throttle riding near the house and then stopping.

I guess the tip looks fine too, hard to tell cuz the plugs are so new. Looks like coffee with creamer in it just on the sides of the electrode.

I guess im just way nervous going from a 4-stroke to a 2-stroke, i dont wanna blow it up right away.

Im used to plugs looking dark choc brown, but from what ive been reading a tan color on the electrode in the banshees is fine.

Guess ill giver hell......it runs great, doesnt ping, bog, cut out or anything. Ill just say fuggit and giver til the motor tells me differently i guess.

thanks all, i appreciate the help!

Edited by gwinnraptor

resampled20120612185539.jpg

Did a WOT run and chop last night. Both plugs identical. Have a good ring at base of the chop, looks good to me.

The pics in the original post were not from a WOT run, they were from 1/4-1/2 throttle riding near the house and then stopping.

I guess the tip looks fine too, hard to tell cuz the plugs are so new. Looks like coffee with creamer in it just on the sides of the electrode.

I guess im just way nervous going from a 4-stroke to a 2-stroke, i dont wanna blow it up right away.

Im used to plugs looking dark choc brown, but from what ive been reading a tan color on the electrode in the banshees is fine.

Guess ill giver hell......it runs great, doesnt ping, bog, cut out or anything. Ill just say fuggit and giver til the motor tells me differently i guess.

thanks all, i appreciate the help!

Every time I change plugs I take a minute to look at them. They are at the scene of the crime and can give you hints to problems about to happen. :)