new top end leads to new crank

just picked up another bashee for $350 running. The left side was cutting in and out and had real low compression. I plan on going 4mil anyway, when I pulled that left jug the lower rod bearing was in pieces. Now would the bike be ridable like that kid I picked it up from said he had just rode it??? Like I said Im doin a 4mil anyway I just thoufgt that if a rod bearing went it'd cause the bike to seize or at least run like shit.

Since you bought the bike for 350, you really cant complain. If you bought it for 2500 and the kid said it ran fine and you didnt test it out, thats a different story. I had the thrust washers come apart and it still ran.

more than likely it just happened and that is why the kid sold it. If the rod bearing is gone, it will throw that rod real quick. Sounds like you caught it just in time and you are lucky it didnt wipe out the cases and cylinders

Kinda what i was thinkin, either way the cylinders are fine luckily I had them measured and well within spec and no scratches. Still not a bad deal for 350. I was on c list looking for a crank and found a set of t-6s for $150. I had to get them for mine, guess the crank will have to wait till next week....