Mikuni carb part help needed

There is a thin metal baffle plate or float guide...............I am not sure what it is called or what it is for but I can't seem to find it on the Mikuni parts diagram online. Does anyone know what it is called, where I can find one, and/or what is it's purpose? It is on a methanol drag bike if that matters.

The picture is of the broken part. There should be two rectangular pieces on each side. One of these rectangular pieces broke off so that is why you are only seeing one in the picture. This mounts over the needle/seat fuel inlet.

carbpiece002.jpg

carbpiece003.jpg

carbpiece006.jpg

carbpiece001.jpg

Its a float guide. You don't want to run without it or your floats can turn and get stuck at there in the top. Call up sudco & tell them you need a Needle Valve Keeper plate for whatever size mikuni's you have & they should have it.

- Jared

Its a float guide. You don't want to run without it or your floats can turn and get stuck at there in the top. Call up sudco & tell them you need a Needle Valve Keeper plate for whatever size mikuni's you have & they should have it.

- Jared

Thanks Jared,

I will give them a call. I knew someone would know who has dealt with Mikuni carbs.

Mailman

- Jared

Just called Sudco and they said they can't get that part. WTF?

Just called Sudco and they said they can't get that part. WTF?

Try jetsrus.com they might be able to get it.

What mikuni's do you have exactly? TM34 Flatslides?

You can probably run this part number and be fine... I see you have billet bowls. Most of the billet bowls actually prevent the floats from spinning in place, because the float will hit the bowl before it can turn far enough at the top of the rod to get hung up in the carb body. Jump on jetsrus.com and go to the mikuni carb parts exploded view and look for TM Flatslides, then look for the following parts:

http://www.jetsrus.com/carburetor/carb_mikuni_TM_series_flat_slide_carb_exploded_view_parts.html

42. Plate, Needle Valve All TM Series VM24/560 002-721

43. Screw All TM Series C2=0406 002-722

They are 38 Mikunis. I think they are the older style TMX but they could be off of an OEM snomo or motorcycle. I just called Mikuni and sent him some pics. He said they can only get the aftermarket carb parts and not the oem ones. He thinks the carb is off of some oem bike or snomo. I am waiting for his reply.

I went to your link and the exploded view is the same for all the sites but the part I have in the pictures is just not there. I also have the parts you listed, #42 and #43 in the carb plus the broken piece. Weird.

I will give White Knuckle a call. They set up the carbs so Eric should know what they came off of.

Thanks.

They are 38 Mikunis. I think they are the older style TMX but they could be off of an OEM snomo or motorcycle. I just called Mikuni and sent him some pics. He said they can only get the aftermarket carb parts and not the oem ones. He thinks the carb is off of some oem bike or snomo. I am waiting for his reply.

I went to your link and the exploded view is the same for all the sites but the part I have in the pictures is just not there. I also have the parts you listed, #42 and #43 in the carb plus the broken piece. Weird.

I will give White Knuckle a call. They set up the carbs so Eric should know what they came off of.

Thanks.

I would just remove the broken piece and try and run them without the piece. The billet bowls should prevent the floats from twisting.

I just got off the phone with Mike at White Knuckle and he knew exactly what I was talking about. He found one in their "carb parts bin" and is shipping it to me. He said the part I need is not listed in the exploded view for some reason.

Why the heck would a company not list a part in the view? Very Frustrating.

Thanks for the input and help Jared. I appreciate it!

BTW: Mikuni didn't even recognize the piece when I emailed them pictures.

Oh well, I should be good to go now. :dance:

Edited by mailman