Right side carb wont stop leaking

The right side carb will not stop leaking gas from the bottom overflow. Ive taken it apart and cleaned it 2349087012395 times, but as soon as I reinstall it and turn on the gas, it immediately begins to run out the bottom. Anybody know what is causing this?

Also, I noticed the bike losing some power 2 days ago when this problem started.. mostly top end power.. could this be due to the right side carb dumping too much fuel into the cylinder and possibly fouling out the plug or something???

Thanx guys.

Do you mean the hose coming off the very bottom of the bowl? Also, is it a stock carb? If so, that bottom hose is the bowl drain. Are you sure that screw right next to the hose is tight, :shrugani: that is the drain screw.

Set your float height. Then if it still does it hit the bowl with the handle of a screwdriver. If that doesn't work pick up the back of your quad and drop it hard a few times. To me it sounds like a stuck float or impropper float height. My right float got stuck after cleaning the carb and gas would just run out of the overflow. It just needed a couple whacks to get it unstuck.

Do you mean the hose coming off the very bottom of the bowl? Also, is it a stock carb? If so, that bottom hose is the bowl drain. Are you sure that screw right next to the hose is tight, :shrugani: that is the drain screw.

Yes, the very bottom one. It is a stock carb, but its been bored out a little and the tors have been removed. I will check that screw when I get off work.

Set your float height. Then if it still does it hit the bowl with the handle of a screwdriver. If that doesn't work pick up the back of your quad and drop it hard a few times. To me it sounds like a stuck float or impropper float height. My right float got stuck after cleaning the carb and gas would just run out of the overflow. It just needed a couple whacks to get it unstuck.

I dont think its a stuck float b/c Ive taken the carb apart and cleaned it a millions times, but ill check the float height... Im actually not exactly sure how you do that so Ill search some threads and see if I can do it after work.

• Like 1

For some odd reason, it is kind of common for the float to get stuck after you have the carb completely apart. Give the bowl a couple of knocks with handle of a screw driver, and pick up then drop your quad a few times and see if it still leaks. Also, does it leak anytime the gas is on or only after you shut it off? If it leaks anytime the gas is on I can about guarantee your float is stuck.

For some odd reason, it is kind of common for the float to get stuck after you have the carb completely apart. Give the bowl a couple of knocks with handle of a screw driver, and pick up then drop your quad a few times and see if it still leaks. Also, does it leak anytime the gas is on or only after you shut it off? If it leaks anytime the gas is on I can about guarantee your float is stuck.

Yes it leaks anytime the gas is on. If whacking it with something, and dropping the bike doesnt solve the problem.. what should I do?

If that doesn't fix it check your float height or even check the float for a leak. If for some reason your float leaks and has gas in it, it won't be a float anymore....obviously lol. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to knock the float free though. I had the exact same problem and it worked like a charm.

If that doesn't fix it check your float height or even check the float for a leak. If for some reason your float leaks and has gas in it, it won't be a float anymore....obviously lol. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to knock the float free though. I had the exact same problem and it worked like a charm.

Aight, thanks for the info. Im going to try all this when I get home today.... Any thoughts on if this could cause that feel of loss of power?

Aight, thanks for the info. Im going to try all this when I get home today.... Any thoughts on if this could cause that feel of loss of power?

if the carbs is draining when the gas is on then the right cyl will run out of fuel before the left, you will notice a power loss if the fuel flows out quicker then it can fill the bowl. stop running the quad, chances are you will lean the right side out and cause a meltdown

if the carbs is draining when the gas is on then the right cyl will run out of fuel before the left, you will notice a power loss if the fuel flows out quicker then it can fill the bowl. stop running the quad, chances are you will lean the right side out and cause a meltdown

Hmmm.. maybe that was that funny smell..........

I know how you feel man, I was in the same predicament a while ago and I myself am a newbie to banshees but one of these guys told me on here to take the bowl off and re adjust the float= problem fixed and runs like a topp! its also alot easier if you have a micrometer.

Had the same problem this past weekend on the dunes. The bike was running good and then all the sudden bogged down and lost power. I figured it was fowling the plugs but I looked down and there was a steady stream of fuel coming out of the right side carb. Pulled it apart and cleaned it about 20 times and still leaked. Like erickson said, I took the butt of a screw driver and hit the side of the carba few times and it knocked the float loose. If you had the floats out maybe one of them got bent out a little and is catching on the actual bowl itself when it is all re-assembled. This was my problem. Hope this helps.

• 9 months later...