Acquired a shee need help

I was given this banshee as payment for 3 hr. of welding on a nova. The guy said it had been sitting a year. He said he thought it had low compression but it runs. Well it does run but like shit It Boggs in first and in 6th and backfires and overheats. I checked that plug wires were not crossed and bought new plugs checked the reeds they are not cracked but don't lay flat also a reed cage gasket was ripped. Put silicone on tear and put back together and have same problem. I pulled impeller and it looked rough but spun with kick starter. What do I do next I'm clueless. The bike has boost bottle fmf fatty gold jugs and power core 2 pipes any help would be greatly appreciated.

I was given this banshee as payment for 3 hr. of welding on a nova. The guy said it had been sitting a year. He said he thought it had low compression but it runs. Well it does run but like shit It Boggs in first and in 6th and backfires and overheats. I checked that plug wires were not crossed and bought new plugs checked the reeds they are not cracked but don't lay flat also a reed cage gasket was ripped. Put silicone on tear and put back together and have same problem. I pulled impeller and it looked rough but spun with kick starter. What do I do next I'm clueless. The bike has boost bottle fmf fatty gold jugs and power core 2 pipes any help would be greatly appreciated.

Check for spark, check compression(should be around 125psi stock), clean carbs and air filter, make sure you have no air leaks.

If it has compression, good chance the carb just needs a good cleaning.