tow setup for a quad behind a truck?pics

421alkybanshee

I guess ive got to figure out a way to tow a banshee behind my truck(ranger) to get into silverlake sanddunes for the holiday weekend. I havnt figured this one out yet so any pics or ideas would be great. Im afraid that if i got to get a parking lot voucher for this coming saturday im gonna be too late by me and my son getting there around 700 pm friday night, so im gonna have to figure out a dune ready situation. anyone please HELP!!!!!

I guess ive got to figure out a way to tow a banshee behind my truck(ranger) to get into silverlake sanddunes for the holiday weekend. I havnt figured this one out yet so any pics or ideas would be great. Im afraid that if i got to get a parking lot voucher for this coming saturday im gonna be too late by me and my son getting there around 700 pm friday night, so im gonna have to figure out a dune ready situation. anyone please HELP!!!!!

A friend made a little clamp on mount that he attached to his front grab bar. It was a plate with a trailer tongue mounted to it complete with safety chains. 4 bolts turned his Honda 400EX into a trailer. (It held the front tires off the ground.)

He made it the first year that they banned us from towing with straps on the street. (still uses it.) So he tows the bike in.....(He rides 2. One is his Honda 250R with a ESR380 for drags and the other is his 400EX for Dunes.)

But they see him going past the inspection checkpoint and tell him that there is NO TOWING TRAILERS onto the dunes. :o So he had to shuttle them out one at a time. :angry: Actually he had one of our group ride it about 100ft past the checkpoint and then he hooked it up and drove in. Then that guy walked back to us and got on his bike and rode in. Kinda stupid rule since they have no problem letting you tow broken stuff OFF the dunes. But I can understand, because look how many dumb shits think they can take their Big 4X4 trucks in without airing down and get stuck in the entrance road. I can just picture what a cluster fuck it would be to have sunk trailers towed by hill rods littering the entry.

If your in a pinch....the buggy rental place will ferry you in and out for a fee. They even have their own private drop off spot now. I'd call ahead and ask how much and see if they take appointments. I know of a few people who on a big holiday weekend didn't have any other choice.

It'll work out better than the guys who in 2008 tried to get around the whole mess by bringing their 3 motorcycles in from Lake Michigan on a low railed Ski Nautique with a section of decking strapped to the rear as a platform. (It went about as well as the D-Day landings.) :jesterlaugh::rotflmao: Your know your doing to wrong when a 4 year old is shaking he head and saying "Daddy, those guys aren't very smart are they?" (The video is priceless.) The best was seeing their faces as DNR hit the beach just as they managed to carry the motorcycles over their heads to the sand. DNR was kind enough to watch the bikes (and write the tickets) as they went and saved the other ones from the capsized boat. :shootself:

You gotta love the stuff you see on the holiday weekends........ :rolleyes::lol:

• 3 years later...

back up...anyone have pictures of there towing setup to get ATV into the dunes. I have seen people put rear tires on quad up on a hitch rack and roll the front tires down the road behind a vehicle.

That sounds dumb, but I wouldn't put it past people.